Have I Got News For You - Series 41 Page 4

Anyone else notice the score board mess up at the beginning of 13/05/2011 ep? Which was then fixed on the extended version 14/05/2011

Ropey episode this week. Poor hosts. Not much to laugh at, though I did enjoy Merton's Round the Horne gag.

Quote: jhmagic1 @ May 14 2011, 9:17 PM BST

Anyone else notice the score board mess up at the beginning of 13/05/2011 ep? Which was then fixed on the extended version 14/05/2011

Yep, had to rewind to check after as I thought I'd imagined it

Bloody hell, Paul Merton seemed animated this week. It's a miracle :0

How does that untalented twerp Jack Whitehall keep getting these gigs? Is there anyone who actually likes him?

Quote: Timbo @ May 28 2011, 12:06 AM BST

How does that untalented twerp Jack Whitehall keep getting these gigs? Is there anyone who actually likes him?

The answer to those questions, in the order that you asked them, is:
Because his dad's a famous showbiz agent, and 14 year old girls.

I thought that politician chap last week did a good job, Bill Bailey very stilted again though :(

I find it interesting that Whitehall appeared with Iannucci given that Whitehall has on several occasions been accused of stealing from Stewart Lee's act, now I think about it.

Quote: fasty @ May 28 2011, 7:58 AM BST

I thought that politician chap last week did a good job

This

Is there anyone who actually likes him?

I don't dislike him.

Is there anyone who actually likes him?

I don't, like, actually, like, like him?

I think most people dislike him is because he's so young (as is that other young scamp, Daniel Sloss). At 22 years old, he's already presented BBBM, had countless apearances on panel shows, has been on Live At The Apollo, had a slot on Stand Up For The Week and twice at the C4 Comedy Gala. I'm not going lie... I am jealous Angry

Quote: Goose24 @ May 30 2011, 6:47 AM BST

I think most people dislike him is because he's so young (as is that other young scamp, Daniel Sloss). At 22 years old, he's already presented BBBM, had countless apearances on panel shows, has been on Live At The Apollo, had a slot on Stand Up For The Week and twice at the C4 Comedy Gala. I'm not going lie... I am jealous Angry

There's also the aforementioned nepotism (which accounts for his career at such a young age) and plagiarism. And the drug-taking. And the generally being the most hideously unfunny 'comedian' of all time.

Jack Whitehall was good on Friday's show. He had some cracking material, I thought.

He's alright.
I always forget he's that young! Seems 25 at least.