Have I Got News For You - Series 41 Page 3

Quote: zooo @ April 23 2011, 12:29 AM BST

How is she a slapper?

I found her annoying too. But I didn't see her indiscriminately shagging everyone.

Or slapping people

Ian has quite the slap head.

Thought Merton was tremendously on form this week, very funny. Loved the crowd reaction to Hislop's super-injunction rant as well.

Apart from the occasional decent moments from Marcus Brigstocke (yes, Marcus Brigstocke) this was just another by-the-numbers episode which continued to demonstrate just how far this show has sunk in the last few years. It's now a programme which will only moderately satisfy those who were never huge fans in the first place.

It provides some regular work for comedians and comedy writers, fair enough, but comedically its days as a force-to-be-reckoned-with are a distant memory. Not that this matters anymore, it's become an national institution - it's pretty much cancellation-proof. As a satirical comedy show though, it's a dead duck.

Holy f**k, that spy guy from waaay long ago is on Nat Geo because he believes he's the messiah. My first instinct of him being a moron was correct!

I don't recognize my own gov but I know that.... I need to start watching CNN again.

Quote: Timbo @ April 23 2011, 12:25 AM BST

The Tory slapper was f**king awful.

She didn't get much screen time, but I thought she was alright.

Quote: ellipsis @ April 27 2011, 8:37 AM BST

Holy f**k, that spy guy from waaay long ago is on Nat Geo because he believes he's the messiah. My first instinct of him being a moron was correct!

Whoooo?

Quote: Aaron @ May 5 2011, 8:53 PM BST

She didn't get much screen time, but I thought she was alright.

Aaron liking a Conserative? Who would have thought it. *sarcasm*

Well it wasn't a political debate, so her party allegiance is neither here nor there.

I'm not a Tory but Bagshaw wasn't a disaster by any means. She was even quite daring/stupid by trying to break an injunction about whatsisname.

It wasn't a classic episode, though, Dave viewers of the future beware (though you might get hear whatsisname's name).

Quote: Badge @ May 5 2011, 11:42 PM BST

I'm not a Tory but Bagshaw wasn't a disaster by any means. She was even quite daring/stupid by trying to break an injunction about whatsisname.

It wasn't a classic episode, though, Dave viewers of the future beware (though you might get hear whatsisname's name).

Are we subject to injunctions here? Could we name whatsisname? Or just call him _____ ______-______?

Sad news that George Webley, the composer of the HIGNFY theme tune, died yesterday.

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 8 2011, 5:42 PM BST

Are we subject to injunctions here? Could we name whatsisname? Or just call him _____ ______-______?

Let's have a bit of respect here - it's Sir _____ ______-______

Quote: Tim Azure @ May 8 2011, 5:42 PM BST

Are we subject to injunctions here?

I wish I knew!

Quote: Aaron @ May 8 2011, 5:46 PM BST

Sad news that George Webley, the composer of the HIGNFY theme tune, died yesterday.

Shame. R.I.P. Big George.