Have I Got News For You - Series 41 Page 5

Quote: cwickham @ May 30 2011, 10:39 AM BST

And the generally being the most hideously unfunny 'comedian' of all time.

Clearly there are and have been worse stand-up comedians.

He got more laughs than anyone else I would guess.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 30 2011, 12:22 PM BST

Clearly there are and have been worse stand-up comedians.

Clearly there has never been, or will ever be, a worse stand-up comedian.

This is THE VERY BEST comedy show on TV. It is so entertaining, the selected hosts are usually very good with Jo Brand and Brian Blessed still classed as outstanding. Long may it continue. Thank You, BBC

Another good episode tonight (so far anyway) I thought.

That cackling woman got on my nerves. Could hardly tell a word she was saying too.

You will be looking forward to this then:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000552/sharon_horgan_guilty_party_pilot/

I thought this episode was a bit weak. Ian and Paul had to pretty much carry it as Richard Madeley contributed nothing and the other guest wasn't great. Sharon Horgan was ok but nothing special.

Quote: Timbo @ June 4 2011, 11:24 AM BST

You will be looking forward to this then:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000552/sharon_horgan_guilty_party_pilot/

No thanks ;) She sounded like a Yank trying to do a Brit accent to me

I think Sharon Horgan did a good job.

Quote: ColinReid @ June 1 2011, 10:56 AM BST

This is THE VERY BEST comedy show on TV. It is so entertaining, the selected hosts are usually very good with Jo Brand and Brian Blessed still classed as outstanding. Long may it continue. Thank You, BBC

It used to be something I'd make a point of never missing. It's still quite good but I don't worry if I miss it now though.

On Friday's edition of the Caption Competition Paul Merton made a funny enough (if not very easy) joke about a bunch of skeletons playing a really bad game of strip poker. In the longer edition, it turns out that someone else had made the joke before him, only more subtly, and frankly more funny. He also just repeated someone else's joke about Bob being a palindrome. Is that all he does now? Repeat what other people have said, and put on a stupid German accent? Rolling eyes

The host,Sharon Horgan was AWFUL!!!!!!!.She uttered the same false laugh at every 'joke' from the others and was way out of her depth.
A bit surprised really because she was pretty good in Annually Retentive.

I thought episode 8, with Sharon Horgan, was pretty good. Slightly annoying laugh that seemed forced on occasion, yes, but syill funny and I thought she did well.

The final though, hosted by Jo Brand, I was really disappointed by. Slow and not particularly funny, despite featuring the excellent Reginald D Hunter. A pity.

Same here, really disappointed by the final with Jo Brand. Very short on the laughs.