Laughing Stock 2011 Page 23

Just received an email saying the decision won't now be made till next week because they haven't finished going through the scripts.

I got an email saying my script hasn't had a second read yet.

Me too! No sleep till next week..

I try and avoid sleep anyway...or at least those damned recurring dreams. Every night..there she is..Zola bloody Budd...bare feet slapping on the asphalt.

Quote: Mark T @ March 25 2011, 5:56 PM GMT

I got an email saying my script hasn't had a second read yet.

Forgive my pedantry, but shouldn't that be "your script is due a second read"? Surely hundreds of scripts don't have a second read, and why should they tell you that anyway?

Quote: Tim Azure @ March 27 2011, 8:28 AM GMT

Forgive my pedantry, but shouldn't that be "your script is due a second read"? Surely hundreds of scripts don't have a second read, and why should they tell you that anyway?

Well, not quite. The top 10% were told they were due a second read a fortnight ago, this is simply a follow up email to keep people informed.

You're right Tim Azure, the email does say 'your' script has not had a second read yet. Good luck with it. I hope you get through.

The rejection emails are out.

F*ck.

Dan,

Which biscuits are best for sublimating my rage?

So who are the lucky 26?

Lucy (of the newly rejected 154)

Ahhh <leans back happily not caring>

I find Maryland cookies are surprisingly easy to swallow. And the sick feeling doesn't turn up till after about half an hour.

And don't get the new bigger ones my wife bought. One of them is like three normal ones! A fact which doesn't become apparent till you've wolfed a whole pack. And then you... what's the opposite of 'wolf'... it back up again.

Dan

Heard nothing either way as yet. Has anyone heard a 'yes' yet?

Have seen some tweeps on Twitter who have had a yes.

Bunch of twunts.

Add me to the list of rejectees. Considering that the script was:

a) Our first attempt at writing comedy at all, let alone as a writing pair, and...

b) It was written in 8 days, in order to make the deadline

I'm taking heart that it made it so far. Feeling disappointed, and will be heading out to purchase some of those biscuits, however definitely encouraged to continue improving the script and trying to get more stuff written.

Condolences to all who got the dreaded e-mail today. To all who made it through, I can only wish a terrible fate on you all. ;)

Quote: swerytd @ March 28 2011, 3:33 PM BST

Ahhh <leans back happily not caring>

I find Maryland cookies are surprisingly easy to swallow. And the sick feeling doesn't turn up till after about half an hour.

And don't get the new bigger ones my wife bought. One of them is like three normal ones! A fact which doesn't become apparent till you've wolfed a whole pack. And then you... what's the opposite of 'wolf'... it back up again.

Dan

Is it 'sheep'? Did you sheep them back up?

May you rejectees emit undigested biscuits gracefully.