Laughing Stock 2011 Page 14

step away from the crisps Dan. You know that it will end badly.

I'm downing water like it's Vodka.

I'm really hating spam e-mail at a time like this.

Oh look, new mail, maybe that's the Laughing Stock one ... no, no, it's just some over-zealous ticketing website.

Oh look, new mail...

I shouldn't have eaten those cookies...

Dan

This feels like Deathrowfactor; cookies and alcohol as the last meal and waiting to see if we get a reprieve.

Cookie reappearance imminent.

Well, 'Your material is in tonight's Newsjack'. It's not Rennie though, is it?

Yay! Only single disappointment today!

Dan

This popped up on BBC Writers Room twitter feed. Just in case they were anyone on here, I thought I'd post it:

"Ben Watson & Joe Waterfield who sent us a Laughing Stock script,The Find Out Club, w/o any contact info, pls email us:writersroom@bbc.co.uk"

Ta!

<throws up>

Dan

Just checked inbox again. Saw the words laughing stock. My stomach did a few high-speed cartwheels. Then I realised it was this forum informing me there were new posts. Lol I feel such a fool!

Just received an actual rejection email. Booo.

Quote: Jack23 @ March 10 2011, 4:46 PM GMT

Just got an email saying I'd got through to the next stage, anybody else got it?

Yep, it seems I'm through to the next stage so I'm off to count all the unhatched chickens now.

I look forward to this higher level of rejection in the coming weeks. It's unfamiliar territory.

Bah. A rejection e-mail. It might as well have actually emerged from the computer and roundhouse-kicked me in the face.

Bravo to all you folks who succeeded. I'm off to watch ITV for a few hours.

Just silence for me...

I've no cookies left. Jammy Dodgers on standby...

Dan

Quote: Penge @ March 10 2011, 7:20 PM GMT

Bah. A rejection e-mail. It might as well have actually emerged from the computer and roundhouse-kicked me in the face.

Bravo to all you folks who succeeded. I'm off to watch ITV for a few hours.

Sorry to hear that Penge. I will be getting the same email soon. If it is any consolation your ITV comment made me laugh but I would steer clear if I were you: Make Your Own School, Emmerdale, Coronation Street then Monroe starring James Nesbitt as a neurosurgeon....

It's a fail for me I'm afraid. I'm quite glad the email didn't say 'The standard of entries was very high...' though. I'm sure it was, but for some reason I despise those words.

Nothing on Newsjack either.

Still, I put a banana on my head recently and my 1-year old daughter thought I was the funniest thing ever. I probably shouldn't have turned that incident into a 30-minute script, but live and learn.