London Comedy Writers' Festival 2011 Page 2

There's also a one-page script competition and they're offering another 2 tickets for the winner and runner up... Aaaand if you've already paid for your ticket they'll give you a refund. Worth a shot methinks.

http://www.londoncomedywritersfestival.com/competitions/laugh-a-minute-competition/

That's great. Spread the word - would be fab to see more BCGers. This is our bag baby! ;)

Quote: ContainsNuts @ March 3 2011, 12:08 PM GMT

That's great. Spread the word - would be fab to see more BCGers. This is our bag baby!

:) I'm hoping to go too... so a chance for a big group hug!

The festival is growing. Apparently there's also now going to be a launch party thingy on the Friday night. Oscar nominated Dan Mazer, who has co-written and co-produced most of Sacha Baron Cohen's work including Borat, will be speaking that night.

Quote: Mark @ March 3 2011, 12:53 PM GMT

Oscar nominated Dan Mazer, who has co-written and co-produced most of Sacha Baron Cohen's work including Borat, will be speaking that night.

It's Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

If I can afford a ticket, I'll be there on my lonesome *violins*.

Quote: Feeoree @ March 3 2011, 4:36 PM GMT

If I can afford a ticket, I'll be there on my lonesome *violins*.

I'm pretty sure more than just you will be there! :P

No one's alone at these things, we're writers united!

Me five.

I'll be there touting my wares. If anyone wants to meet up, I'll be the one wearing the shirt which says: "Tell me I'm good."

Breaking news... new top speaker announced...

PAUL JACKSON
Credits include: 'The Young Ones', 'Red Dwarf', 'Saturday Live'.

CWF Creative Director Paul Bassett Davies had this to say about Paul:

"Paul Jackson was an absolutely seminal figure in the whole UK alternative comedy scene - he put together the very first showcase for all the 'Alternative' comedians and has been very involved with British comedy every step of the way...he and Jon Plowman together pretty much tell the whole story over the last 30 years".

Pretty impressive list of speakers they have now!

Quote: ContainsNuts @ March 7 2011, 1:19 PM GMT

Breaking news... new top speaker announced...

PAUL JACKSON
Credits include: 'The Young Ones', 'Red Dwarf', 'Saturday Live'.

Great man. Weirdly, I'd be more interested to hear about his commissioning role at ITV, which wasn't all a success (in terms of comedy, stuff like Britain's Got Talent on the other hand must have made ITV millions)... hopefully he'll be willing to explain why certain things might not have worked. He's probably got something to say about time-slots too: he moved TV Burp into prime-time for example, which very much worked.

Oh, and in case people haven't spotted: Red Dwarf's Doug Naylor is speaking. Wonder if he'll leak any info about the new series?

:) me five...or was that six? I lost count...see you there. Should we wear carnations to recognise each other or just the ugly twisted face of rejection?

Beth x

Quote: Mrs Mac @ March 8 2011, 9:27 PM GMT

Should we wear carnations to recognise each other or just the ugly twisted face of rejection?

I think there will be too many of those. But we should do a BCG meetup. Hopefully more BCGers to come. Geek

Quote: Mark @ March 7 2011, 10:19 PM GMT

Great man. Weirdly, I'd be more interested to hear about his commissioning role at ITV, which wasn't all a success (in terms of comedy, stuff like Britain's Got Talent on the other hand must have made ITV millions)... hopefully he'll be willing to explain why certain things might not have worked. He's probably got something to say about time-slots too: he moved TV Burp into prime-time for example, which very much worked.

Oh, and in case people haven't spotted: Red Dwarf's Doug Naylor is speaking. Wonder if he'll leak any info about the new series?

Does he not work at ITV anymore then?

Hi guys,

if you're thinking of going to the London Comedy Writers' Festival and haven't bought a ticket yet, then this is absolutely the cheapest way to do it

Link removed

Quote: Phill @ March 10 2011, 2:58 PM GMT

Hi guys,

if you're thinking of going to the London Comedy Writers' Festival and haven't bought a ticket yet, then this is absolutely the cheapest way to do it:

That's a totally false claim. Sleeping with the organiser will get you in for £98.99. Apparently.