Friday Night Dinner - Series 1 Page 8

Loved this episode, wasn't too keen on the 'shock' ending though... or am I missing something?

"Dad, can we have a look at your cock?"

*shiver*

Found it loads funnier this week.
The texts were especially funny.
You came out of my BUM.

I love Tamsin Greig, but still find it hard to believe that she's cast as the mother in this, she's too young, she should be playing their love interest. Maybe.

Anyhow, the show's ok, and I understand the Jewish-ness of it all, but it's hard to relate to young men in their 20s having to spend their Friday nights with their parents.

I quite like that part of it. A nice antidote to all the crap like Skins. (Where all young people must be either out clubbing, f**king someone or taking something all weekend to have any self respect.) This is far more realistic to me than that is. ;)

zooo,

They're not doing it for self respect, they do it because it feels good, and all their friends are doing it too.

But I do agree it is nice to see respectable youngsters on our tele.

Not relevant
But there seemed to be a lot of room in that Toilet under the stairs

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 5 2011, 12:42 AM GMT

zooo,

They're not doing it for self respect, they do it because it feels good, and all their friends are doing it too.

But I do agree it is nice to see respectable youngsters on our tele.

Hmm, I think some people feel they have to be a beered up lunatic so as not to look like a loser.
But that is by the by!

I'm glad this show seems to be a grower.

Quote: zooo @ March 5 2011, 12:59 AM GMT

Hmm, I think some people feel they have to be a beered up lunatic so as not to look like a loser.

I can do both!

yay me!
Laughing out loud

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 5 2011, 12:50 AM GMT

Not relevant
But there seemed to be a lot of room in that Toilet under the stairs

Yes, 4 people and a couple of cameramen!

The Cameramen don't count, It wasn't a real toilet.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ March 5 2011, 1:06 AM GMT

It wasn't a real toilet.

You are f**king kidding me. :O

I'm just guessing
:D

I slightly enjoyed parts of it, and I'm liking Paul Ritter a lot; but a radio jingle which isn't played? I didn't really care, because he'd been so modest about it. There was a missed opportunity here for some petard hoisting. A bee-sting to the penis? OK, but surely there's a lot more hilarity to be had from that.

Did anyone else think they were going to reverse out and get hit by another car, whilst waiting for that Car Insurance ad?

Or would that have been too obvious? Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ March 5 2011, 12:13 AM GMT

Found it loads funnier this week.
The texts were especially funny.
You came out of my BUM.

I fell asleep watching the first ep (this could have been down to a hard day at work though!)
May have to give it another chance after hearing some of the quotes Huh?

The trouble with Simon Bird is everyone thought he was funny after Inbetweeners....which led to him climbing way up on his pedestal. After The King is Dead and now Friday Night Dinner - it appears his 'acting' is just him being his normal self!!!!!