Laughing Stock 2011 Page 10

Good luck JOOLZY and to everyone else who entered :-)

Hello Sound of Spinach. So I'm not the only one burning the midnight oil. Shame you didn't get anything sent off. Shame on you that is!
Whistling nnocently I decided to write something at the last minute. A week getting to know my characters and 3 days to write it. 3 very loooooonnnnnng days. So I don't know if that makes me a talented genius or a hopeful optimist! Probably the latter :$ I'm suposed to be writing a monologue at the mo. It's not half as much fun; it's quite dark in fact. I think I'll leave it for tonight and have another glass of red, just to send me to spleep of course ;)

Hello!

I filled half a notepad with ideas and sketches for what I was going to work with but couldn't figure how to work it into a series, I felt the main one I was working on would be better as a one-off hour long episode so I pondered how to change it for too long!

I felt once I was ready I could write the dialogue in 30 minutes, I just never got that far! but it was nice to spend the last 40 days thinking like a writer and constantly jotting things down.

So not an entirely wasted 40 days!

Now pour that wine away and go and dream of winning!

Quote: JOOLZY @ February 21 2011, 11:36 PM GMT

Well this has been interesting! I've only just joined tonight, but I have been reading your posts for the last week. I sent my script for Laughing Stock on Thursday. Anyway I just wanted to say hi to everyone Wave and to wish you all luck! ;) Oh and a special hello to Feeoree as you're from my home town of Bas'

Hello! Good luck to yourself too! (and everyone else of course!).

Quote: Feeoree @ February 21 2011, 6:30 PM GMT

Trying to see if I can spot one of the silver Royal Mail Special Delivery envelopes, mine went in one.

It looks, from the photo, that around 20-25 people sent their entry in via Special Delivery.

The BBC ought to just pick those envelopes as the initial winners. Then, in Round Two, the 25 writers can spend a day in Manchester watching the panel opening the envelopes and reading the scripts.

The lucky winners (if there are any) then go on to the five day workshop.

I am so going to win this.

I'd pay to watch that.

Dan

I love the way that we're reading way too much into what is essentially a photo of some post sitting on a desk.

Having said that look at all those who DIDN'T send their entry in via special delivery. Clearly these people have no concept of what working to a deadline means.

I never thought that a picture of some post would make me cry but...

Quote: Jinky @ February 22 2011, 4:07 PM GMT

It looks, from the photo, that around 20-25 people sent their entry in via Special Delivery.

The BBC ought to just pick those envelopes as the initial winners. Then, in Round Two, the 25 writers can spend a day in Manchester watching the panel opening the envelopes and reading the scripts.

The lucky winners (if there are any) then go on to the five day workshop.

I am so going to win this.

Haha, the price of a win: 5ish pounds to Royal Mail.

Tweet from t'Writersroom today:

'Lots of laughter in the office today! The writersroom readers are in making a start on the Laughing Stock scripts.'

Wonder how many they got...

hopefully they weren't laughing at how bad some of them were :(

Quote: DrVole @ February 28 2011, 9:55 PM GMT

Tweet from t'Writersroom today:

'Lots of laughter in the office today! The writersroom readers are in making a start on the Laughing Stock scripts.'

Wonder how many they got...

I think they're going to be giving the exact number once they've logged them all and sent the acknowledgements. Guess that's soon now!

Another tweet from writersroom.

Reading the Laughing Stock entries - so far we've had more scripts from men & an inordinate number of scripts from men called Steve!

I'm hoping, being a women, that this gives me the edge as I maybe writing from a different perspective.

:D

As a Steve, I'm hoping it's a good sign :D

I think it also gives everyone not called Steve a little more of a chance. I've written mine from the perspective of a Michael.