Any feedback on our re-launch? Page 15

Quote: Nil Putters @ February 6 2011, 11:16 AM GMT
8 members? Ok, which one of you is the other 5?

Thanks for the screenshot - always helpful. There's an option in the profile edit screen called "Hide Online Status" (so you can browse without people knowing you're bunking off work etc)... I think that explains this admittedly odd looking screen.

Ah. I thought us 'hiders' would show as guests, but I suppose you're right. :)

If you're a hider, you should have asked who the other 4 were. ;)

(Sorry, I didn't realise that this was a genuine website query - thought you were asking who was online!)

Hey! I really like the comedy guide section, but I was wondering if you ever considered having a "next" and "previous" button?

That way I can just browse through the entire A to Z as lazily as possible. I'm mostly feeling in a nostalgic mood and want to look at each show you have a guide entry for to see if it jogs any memories.

A "next" and "previous" button would be lovely. :D

Once the guide's in a more complete state we will be looking to put next and previous links on certain pages - for example, individual episodes - but I don't think we'd be thinking of putting them on guides linking to other programmes. It'd sort-of imply some kind of connection between one show and another that, in most cases, doesn't exist.

Nevertheless, we'll take your suggestion into account. Certainly something to ponder on.

Quote: Aaron @ February 20 2011, 3:13 PM GMT

Nevertheless, we'll take your suggestion into account. Certainly something to ponder on.

Ok, thanks. :)

Still loving the guides anyway! ;)

Thanks for the suggestion Epiphany... I quite like the idea of a 'random guide' button or something. We've still got some core features to finish first (like profiles for cast and crew, and the ability for people to review shows), so the nice 'add ons' will have to wait just a bit I'm afraid.

How about a little section on the front page that randomly generates a different suggestion each day? Have you seen this "sitcom"? It then links to the DVD or next broadcast.

That's definitely the sort of thing we'll be looking at Lee, yep - but like Mark says, there are some more 'core' things to finish first, and as I said, we'd want to get the guide in a more complete state before generating links like that. Give more shows a chance.

What if BCG was able to offer exclusive DVD offers?

Quote: Baumski @ February 23 2011, 4:05 PM GMT

What if BCG was able to offer exclusive DVD offers?

A good idea in principle, but wouldn't distribution licences and buying the rights for the programmes cost a goldmine? I could be wrong, but I remember Gettyimages' "licences" and they were charging £100 for an editorial use of ONE image!?

Quote: Leevil @ February 20 2011, 3:42 PM GMT

How about a little section on the front page that randomly generates a different suggestion each day? Have you seen this "sitcom"? It then links to the DVD or next broadcast.

I'd like a ToddB Suggests button, in which he recomends a different Jennifer Saunders sitcom for us to watch each day.

Laughing out loud A wide variety of choices: will it be Ab Fab or Vivienne Vyle?

Quote: chipolata @ February 25 2011, 10:25 AM GMT

I'd like a ToddB Suggests button, in which he recomends a different Jennifer Saunders sitcom for us to watch each day.

Laughing out loud

Aw. Bless him.