Christmas Comedy

Comedy this christmas:

We have After You've Gone on Sunday 23rd, The Green Green Grass (here, I use the term "comedy" extremely loosly) and also My Family and, most excitingly of all, To the Manor Born at 9:30pm on Christmas Day.

Not Going Out and The Catherine Tate Christmas Show also.

Haven't we had a thread about this already though?

I really must remember to type up a full listing.

any good comedy on?

And Extras.

Quote: johnny roulette @ December 11, 2007, 2:14 PM

any good comedy on?

Yeah, After You've Gone, Not Going Out, The Green Green Grass, To The Manor Born... :P

Pretty sure Still Game have their festive special on Sun 23rd, airing in England 28th

Mind you, as those who have seen it on BBC Four will already know, the QI Christmas Special is being shown on BBC Two this Friday. The theme is "Empire".

Afterwards, BBC Four will be showing a special "Elephants" clip show of the current series.

nothing that's mentioned makes me want to watch. not going appears to be the best of a very bad bunch.

Looking forward to Extras, not a fan of any of the other ones really. Though I quite like Jam and Jerusalum, so I might watch that; though I know most on here think its worse than cancer; even the ones who willingly watch Green Green Grass and After Youve Gone! Only really looking forward to Extras and Doctor Who out of the Christmas lineup, at least from what Ive noticed so far.

i'll watch doctor who but i'm fearful of the guest star curse.

I'm surprised the new episode of To the Manor Born hasn't made that much of a splash on here.

Coming in the next few days... I'll be publishing a little feature on all the comedy that's going to be on over Christmas, day-by-day.

Maybe it's just me, but there doesn't seem to be as much new stuff this year as in previous years?

I think we've just forgotten it....Roman's Empire anyone?

Quote: Mark @ December 11, 2007, 9:05 PM

Maybe it's just me, but there doesn't seem to be as much new stuff this year as in previous years?

We've had a *lot* more cheap-as-chips reality shows and shit-for-brains soap operas have all gone five times a week. No room (or money) for comedy.

:(

Dan

Well I've stopped calling my TV a TV and gone for 'a bag of bollocks' instead.