Christmas Comedy Page 2

Quote: Dave @ December 11, 2007, 6:40 PM

I'm surprised the new episode of To the Manor Born hasn't made that much of a splash on here.

Possibly because it's not actually been on yet...?

Quote: Mark @ December 11, 2007, 9:05 PM

Coming in the next few days... I'll be publishing a little feature on all the comedy that's going to be on over Christmas, day-by-day.

And I'll be doing at-a-glance TV listings day-by-day again. Half of it's done so far!

Quote: Cinnamon @ December 11, 2007, 9:18 PM

I think we've just forgotten it....Roman's Empire anyone?

I'm pretty sure Mark just meant new stuff over Christmas.

There's a Christmas Special of Harry Hill's TV Burp on at 8pm on Christmas Day. I'm really looking forward to that and to the Not Going Out special. That's it I think, nothing else really interests me.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ December 12, 2007, 6:22 PM

There's a Christmas Special of Harry Hill's TV Burp on at 8pm on Christmas Day. I'm really looking forward to that and to the Not Going Out special. That's it I think, nothing else really interests me.

Watch Harry Hill drunk, you can't go wrong Pleased

Quote: Aaron @ December 12, 2007, 11:06 AM

I'm pretty sure Mark just meant new stuff over Christmas.

OH...YES...I uh...knew that, I just.....LOOK OVER THERE!

*Stands, awkwardly.*

Sorry there, Mark.

There no real biggy this year is there, But I’ll be watching all the comedy anyhow.

Looking forward to seeing Extras.

There’s a few thing you may have missed, all on Christmas day.

In the early hours BBC2 start a re-run of Red Dwarf (00.40) and the Comedy Christmas (a look back at Christmas past) (23.00)

ITV3 has three days full of the Two Ronnies and what looks like the first series of Carry On Laughing

E4 has the fourth series of Peep Show from 21.00.

Film4 has Time Bandits at 18.50

And Sky3 has “A Very Barry Christmas” at 16.00 (I think I might be alone in watching that one)

I don't know if anyone saw the QI compliation show last night, but it was brilliant! One of the funniest things I've ever seen.

By the way, what do they say of the Acropolis, where the Parthenon is?

It is repeated on BBC Two on Boxing Day.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 15, 2007, 10:00 AM

I don't know if anyone saw the QI compliation show last night, but it was brilliant! One of the funniest things I've ever seen.

By the way, what do they say of the Acropolis, where the Parthenon is?

Laughing out loud I very nearly had an accident, I was laughing so much at that point.
I will be watching the repeat too!

I taped it. I've been slightly disinterested with this current series, not sure why though?

I still love it and regularly watch the repeats on UK Gold/Dave.

Quote: Aaron @ December 11, 2007, 2:16 PM

Yeah, After You've Gone, Not Going Out, The Green Green Grass, To The Manor Born... :P

Very droll!

Quote: Leevil @ December 15, 2007, 12:55 PM

I taped it. I've been slightly disinterested with this current series, not sure why though?

I think it's a bit less interesting since they're openly and strictly sticking to letters and themes each episode. Shittybums!

Yeah and the Elephant in the room is getting repetitive, is getting repetitive, repetitive it's getting.

Quote: Aaron @ December 15, 2007, 2:00 PM

I think it's a bit less interesting since they're openly and strictly sticking to letters and themes each episode. Shittybums!

They've always stuck letters in every episode, in every series. That's why QI is a 26-year-long project.

Yes. I know. But the key word is "openly". As far as I recall, they didn't name the episodes (eg "Empire", "England") in the previous four series', and certainly didn't specifically say at the beginning of the episodes what it was actually about.

Takes away some of the 'intrigue'. Seems more predictable and rigid, not as fun.

Quote: Aaron @ December 15, 2007, 2:42 PM

Yes. I know. But the key word is "openly". As far as I recall, they didn't name the episodes (eg "Empire", "England") in the previous four series', and certainly didn't specifically say at the beginning of the episodes what it was actually about.

Takes away some of the 'intrigue'. Seems more predictable and rigid, not as fun.

Actually, they did have named episodes in Series D (Danger, Discoveries, Death, Descendants, Deprivation)

Well, can't say I ever noticed that. Point stands otherwise though.