Episodes - Series 1 Page 5

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 10 2011, 10:44 PM GMT

I think I've come across a show starring Tamsin Greig which is bad.

Dirty Ian.

Didn't do much for me as a first episode. Also, why would the sitcom writers just expect the star of their original to also star in an American version?? Wouldn't you expect that the American network would want their own cast, in the main?

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 10 2011, 10:49 PM GMT

Dirty Ian.

:D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 10 2011, 10:52 PM GMT

Didn't do much for me as a first episode. Also, why would the sitcom writers just expect the star of their original to also star in an American version?? Wouldn't you expect that the American network would want their own cast, in the main?

They never really explained why they even wanted to go and make the show in the States either. It all seemed a whim that neither writer had much investment in, which makes you wonder why they even care what happens with the American remake.

I found it a tad disappointing too given the big build up it has had. That said first episodes in comedy are sometimes tricky, and I do like Stephen Mangan and Tamsin Greig so I'm going to stick with it next week and see if it improves any.

Awful, just awful.

Not one redeeming feature, and the characters are sooooooo unlikeable.

Complete and utter tosh.

It wasn't wonderful, but I certainly enjoyed it enough/saw enough potential to watch next week's.
One of the main characters hasn't even appeared yet! Give it a chance.

I was surprised by the lack of Le Blanc, too; especially as all the pre-show press, ads and interviews had featured him so heavilly. It almost seemed as though that opening was put in just so we'd see him for at least a minute in episode one. They surely could have sped things up a bit and had the writers meet him this week.

Quote: zooo @ January 10 2011, 11:05 PM GMT

One of the main characters hasn't even appeared yet! Give it a chance.

Exactly! He is supposed to be one of the main characters, at least that's how it's been sold; and he wasn't there! As for 'give it a chance', I'll be tuning in again next week.

Quote: zooo @ January 10 2011, 11:05 PM GMT

It wasn't wonderful, but I certainly enjoyed it enough/saw enough potential to watch next week's. One of the main characters hasn't even appeared yet! Give it a chance.

Next weeks clips with Joey did look slightly funnier. I fear the dye is cast, though. It's the first Official Clunker of 2011.

Quote: chipolata @ January 10 2011, 11:11 PM GMT

Next weeks clips with Joey did look slightly funnier.

It did.

I thought Daisy Haggard was pretty good.

At least, her bits were the only bits I laughed at.

Hello, I'm new.

Wish, in a way, I was choosing something better to write about in my first ever post, but as a long time lurker I suppose it has to start somewhere.

Wasn't expecting much from this anyway, but it was predictable, lacked feeling and was devoid of laughs of any description. I like Greig and Mangan a lot but this is a real stinker. I even found the premise for the fictional sitcom to be totally uninteresting. I thought at best it would be a little bit Curb and a little bit Extras, if that makes sense, but it just sort of lacked all the way.

Will probably avoid this in the coming weeks.

Um, hello anyway.

Quote: James Griffiths @ January 10 2011, 11:26 PM GMT

Hello, I'm new.

Wish, in a way, I was choosing something better to write about in my first ever post, but as a long time lurker I suppose it has to start somewhere.

Wasn't expecting much from this anyway, but it was predictable, lacked feeling and was devoid of laughs of any description. I like Greig and Mangan a lot but this is a real stinker. I even found the premise for the fictional sitcom to be totally uninteresting. I thought at best it would be a little bit Curb and a little bit Extras, if that makes sense, but it just sort of lacked all the way.

Will probably avoid this in the coming weeks.

Um, hello anyway.

Hi James, welcome. :)

Sorry to nitpick, but didn't you direct this show?

Suddenly thought about that after I posted. Just a namesake I'm afraid. Not trying to catch anyone out here, promise! Was only behind a camera once, in sixth form, and the less said about that, the better.
Thinking about it, there is a director called James Griffiths who shot the video for a song by nineties indie band Hefner called 'Christian Girls', (no one has a clue who I'm talking about I'm sure) wonder if it's the same guy? It wasn't me, and I suppose there can't be many directors with my name! He's gone up in the world (or maybe not!)

Unsurprisingly this was dead on arrival.

The lake of liquid shite was a lot bigger than expected however and the kayak paddle much smaller.

I liked Hefner, especially that song about Thatcher dying.