Marmite Comedies: Shows People Either Love or Hate Page 2

The poo of a seriously ill person, yes.

If your poo is black and runny!

Marmite tastes flipping AWESOME.

Quote: Griff @ December 15 2010, 2:39 PM GMT

I loved Roger and Val as did Tim Walker and a few others on here I think. (Dan Sweryt?)

I'm not saying it didn't have it's flaws, of course.

Yep, I did love Roger & Val though it seemed to change from sitcom to drama by the end. Lot more laughs in the earlier episodes that gave way to the drama later on. Still very good though.

Count Arthur Strong irritates me, as is well documented in that particular thread. It's one of those rare comedies that will change my (incredibly rare) good mood to one of annoyance after listening.

Bo' Selecta I think is, on the whole, just hated on account of it being the worst kind of shite.

By the way, I am not *that* old, Stott, but am and have been a grumpy 55-year-old inside for the best part of my life...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ December 16 2010, 7:46 AM GMT

Bo' Selecta I think is, on the whole, just hated on account of it being the worst kind of shite.
Dan

I'm told that it was funny at the start. That period of history must have been erased, because there's no evidence of it remaining.

I think The Office is a show that a lot of people love but others are left completely bewildered by. And my dad wasn't exactly blown away by the one episode of Peep Show he watched: "You can't tell what's going on. People are talking but their mouths aren't moving!"

:D Your Dad sounds brilliant.

My mum can't stand The Office because she can't take the cringeyness.

Quote: swerytd @ December 16 2010, 7:46 AM GMT

Bo' Selecta is one of the funniest and most original shows ever.

I love it.

:D

I really loved the spoof Spider Man trailer on Bo Selecta. Didn't care for the rest though.

Quote: Veronica Vestibule @ December 16 2010, 11:12 AM GMT

Bo' Selecta is one of the funniest and most original shows ever.

I love it.

:D

Wrong.

Dan

Grandma's House seem to have divided opinions on this board. Love Count Arthur Strong but I didn't realise grated on so many people who seem to feel the same way about it as I did about the utterly loathsome Bo Selecta.

Quote: Griff @ December 16 2010, 12:47 PM GMT

Similarly all the normals seem to like The Vicar Of Dibley but your proper comedy connoisseurs seem to all agree it's utter shite.

Colour me very normal.

The Vicar Of Dibley, at its best, is one of the finest sitcoms I've ever seen.

Quality did become variable, however, as the series progressed.

I prefer Vegemite anyway.

I don't think there's anybody who comes into the category "comedy fan" who doesn't recognise the awesomeness of The League Of Gentlemen

Well, it's alright, but 'awesome' is an overstatement.

Similarly all the normals seem to like The Vicar Of Dibley but your proper comedy connoisseurs seem to all agree it's utter shite.

The best of Dibley is some of the best of the art of sitcom.

Is there anybody anywhere who likes The Life Of Riley?

Yes, it has some good laughs. Far from a good show all-round, but I enjoy it.

Little Britain, or anything with Harry Enfield/Paul Whitehouse?

Quote: Aaron @ December 16 2010, 1:05 PM GMT

Well, it's alright, but 'awesome' is an overstatement.

Wrong, and-

Quote: Aaron @ December 16 2010, 1:05 PM GMT

The best of Dibley is some of the best of the art of sitcom.

-wrong. In my opinion. For what good it's worth. My brain don't not work too good.