Marmite Comedies: Shows People Either Love or Hate

I was just wondering how many "Marmite comedies" - i.e. comedies that people either love or hate - there are.

Count Arthur Strong's Radio Show! appears to be one of these shows and is referred to as such elsehwere on the guide. During the last Comedy.co.uk Awards, it came third for the "Best British Radio Sitcom" and was voted the worst radio sitcom.

Can anyone else think of any shows which attract large numbers of fans and haters.

The Trip seems to be a strong contender from this year's crop.

I'd say Miranda falls into that category as do the Carry On films (slightly off topic there folks)

I'd say most of the recent crop of comdrams are in there- Him & Her, Roger & Val, Whites.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ December 15 2010, 2:26 PM GMT

I'd say most of the recent crop of comdrams are in there- Him & Her, Roger & Val, Whites.

I know plenty of people who'll defend those shows as not being as bad as all that but I've yet to hear someone say they "love" any of them.

Yeah I suppose you're right, actually.

Quote: Griff @ December 15 2010, 2:39 PM GMT

I loved Roger and Val as did Tim Walker and a few others on here I think. (Dan Sweryt?)

Must appeal to the older man, then. ({-Snarky)

Quote: Griff @ December 15 2010, 2:39 PM GMT

I loved Roger and Val as did Tim Walker and a few others on here I think. (Dan Sweryt?)

I'm not saying it didn't have it's flaws, of course.

I stand corrected - add Roger and Val to the list!

Anyone want to stand up and call Him and Her a stone cold classic? Anyone?

Coming Of Age.
Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps.
Almost any recent family sitcom.

The Klang Show. I enjoyed last year's We Are klang but struggled to enjoy the last output.

Two and a Half Men

Quote: Aaron @ December 15 2010, 4:12 PM GMT

Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps.

That must have been that batch of Marmite they found excrement in

Quote: Badhead @ December 15 2010, 4:46 PM GMT

That must have been that batch of Marmite they found excrement in

I wouldn't know - I don't eat Marmite.

I sometimes use Marmite as a stock. But can't stand it on its own.

It looks a bit like poo, doesn't it? It does.