A great idea for all writer's 40 year's plus. Page 2

Right started a Hancock thread in British sitcoms to get the ball rolling

I'm 19 and love M&W, Cook & Moore, Tommy Cooper etc. And hate The Mighty Boosh and Bo Selecta.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 27, 2007, 7:38 PM

I'm 19 and love M&W

I totally read that as Mitchell and Webb.
Oops.

I think this idea is a load of bollocks.

Quote: David Chapman @ November 28, 2007, 12:01 AM

I think this idea is a load of bollocks.

David, I find your language both churlish and offensive,.......but have to agree, on reflection, the suggestion was a c*nt of an idea.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 27, 2007, 7:38 PM

And hate The Mighty Boosh and Bo Selecta.

I don't think *anyone* likes Bo' Selecta bar Andrew Newman...

Quote: swerytd @ November 28, 2007, 8:49 AM

not a bad person to like it !

Broadening the subject, older viewers are definitely discrimnated against. The likes of the BBC is barely interested in older viewers at all, they're constantly chasing the 18-34 demographic. It appears that the beeb bends over backwards not to offend groups such as gays and muslims, but when it comes to older people, it's quite happy to discriminate.

Due to the sheer amount of soap and cheap-to-produce reality shows, I'm more worried they're discriminating against the intelligent...

Dan

Good point.

Quote: chipolata @ November 28, 2007, 9:57 AM

Broadening the subject, older viewers are definitely discrimnated against. The likes of the BBC is barely interested in older viewers at all, they're constantly chasing the 18-34 demographic. It appears that the beeb bends over backwards not to offend groups such as gays and muslims, but when it comes to older people, it's quite happy to discriminate.

The Beeb looks after it's own.. ;)

Ageism is a real and largely unrecognised problem (I know). Of course, with my outlook and optimism (and immaturity;)) I can take it and deal with it but it's another debilitating "-ism" that can leave some people on the scrap heap depressed and demoralised with 30 or more years of their life still to go!

Not me though!!!

Although, I feel it worse when they put the straight-jacket on me! :)

Quote: swerytd @ November 28, 2007, 10:11 AM

Due to the sheer amount of soap and cheap-to-produce reality shows, I'm more worried they're discriminating against the intelligent...

Dan

The lowest common denominator seems to be getting lower and lower.. :(

"Your Grandfather is elderly...that means you're part elderly...ugh" - Mr Show. :D

"We are all but Mayflys.." - A spokesperson for the Mayfly's ;)

Quote: Martin Holmes @ November 28, 2007, 1:06 PM

"Your Grandfather is elderly...that means you're part elderly...ugh" - Mr Show. :D

"Goin' on a holiday... goin' on a holiday. Doesn't matter what you say... we're goin' on a holiday..."

Quote: Kent Pete @ November 28, 2007, 12:26 AM

David, I find your language both churlish and offensive,.......but have to agree, on reflection, the suggestion was a c*nt of an idea.

LOL

Quote: swerytd @ November 28, 2007, 8:49 AM

I like it - mainly due to my son introducing me to it.