Alan Partridge Online Episodes - Good or Bad Idea? Page 6

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 5 2010, 10:48 PM GMT

Knowing Me Knowing You is obviously amazing, but if I was forced to pick one over the other, I'd go with the sitcom.

This.

Unfortunately, on repeat viewing, I didn't find myself laughing a great deal at this week's Mid Morning Matters. My parents, who are usually big Partridge fans, couldn't get into it at all, mainly because I was playing it to them on a laptop screen, although they agreed it was funny in places. But I'm starting to wish Coogan/Iannucci would just do another series of I'm Alan Partridge or at least an hour long special. The live show was very disappointing as well; despite enjoying it when I went to see it, I found the DVD to be dire. Odd how your opinion can change completely when you see something a second time.

It works in the sense that they have used the webcams in radio studios thing, it logical for them to do that.

Would prefer it if Coogan had done another TV series but this will do for a 'Partridge fix'.

The character still has the Partridge traits but, 13 mins just isnt enough for a story and Alan needs a 30 min story.

Will keep watching.

Quote: MTpromises @ November 5 2010, 7:15 PM GMT

Blocked in the USA...

No worries, it's on YouTube anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcbdrQO16sw

Enjoyed this, am looking forward to the remainder of the series :)

His first interview in a decade is a jolly good read too! http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/article/403/partridge-is-back

A better attempt this time. No weak spots like the first one (cycling part was a waste of time) Maybe he's getting into his stride?

Quote: Juan Kerr @ November 12 2010, 2:02 PM GMT

(cycling part was a waste of time)

(Was it? Worked for me. Especially after he was finished and a sweaty mess as Anthea arrived.)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 12 2010, 4:11 PM GMT

(Was it? Worked for me. Especially after he was finished and a sweaty mess as Anthea arrived.)

(Did it? It just shows, doesn't it - whatever floats your boat!)

Yeah this second one was a lot better than the first one.

How many of these are they?

Slight, but enormous fun. And I loved the Sidekick Simon jingle. My one small quibble is that Partridge turned against the family tree guy a little too quickly, although that's probably more to do with time constraints than anything.

Another good episode.

'Like she's just been touched on a bus.'

"She is splayed..." - classic Alan. :D (Though the killer line is "and Mick entitles this... 'Family'")

A very good 2nd episode. By the very nature of the format for this series it's going to be slightly limited, but it's a very welcome taster for a more substantial Partridge vehicle in the future. :)

Lower key than the first two episodes, but no less enjoyable. And I was impressed by the number of famous folk Norfolk has produced.

This week's episode wasn't as good as the previous one but still pretty damn good, I'm enjoying them a lot more now.

"Romans from the year... five" Laughing out loud

Nice to see TV's Emma Kennedy in the latest instalment.

And interesting to see that this show's been nominated for a South Bank Award, up against Getting On and Rev.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11886572

This series is turning out to be great fun. For a 13-minute(ish) programme it still manages to turn in more laughs than many/most half-hour comedies. Though I would again suggest that this is not a sitcom (Aaron?); this is a series of extended sketches. Anyway...