Alan Partridge Online Episodes - Good or Bad Idea? Page 5

This is certainly better than Harry Hill's internet show, which if the first episode was anything to go by, is p*ss poor.

I enjoyed it. I wonder what Jeremy will make of it though?

Enjoyable. I liked the relationship with Sidekick Simon, and found myself wondering what Michael would have made of them together on air.

Sorry to say that apart from 2 or 3 gems, I didnt enjoy it (found myself instinctively checking how long was left - always a bad sign)

I will watch the others even if just from a sense of duty, and hope it improves. The setting of the studio for all of it spoils it. In the original ones the studio scenes took up only a small part of each show and were usually very funny.

Found it a bit 'lazy and flabby' and it seemed odd in the last 60 secs where AP just looked like Coogan of 15 years ago - the make up and image was ruined by his floppy hair and lack of the nerd jacket.

Disappointing for me.

I think it's easier to enjoy if you don't compare it to the previous series. It's clearly done on a micro budget and not intended to be a true successor to I'm Alan Partridge, merely a nice little bonus.

Quote: chipolata @ November 5 2010, 2:51 PM GMT

I think it's easier to enjoy if you don't compare it to the previous series. It's clearly done on a micro budget and not intended to be a true successor to I'm Alan Partridge, merely a nice little bonus.

Right. I mean he's de-aged for one thing so it's clearly not part of the true Partridge continuity, much like On the Hour and The Day Today.

Its a risky game to let the audience's latest memories be of an average offering. I always sensed SC had a massive ego - and perhaps this illustrates it. He maybe thinks he can get away with anything. What's he being paid for it? Who cares? He can't need the money!

No...for me a shabby offering - lets hope it improves.

Blocked in the USA... I can understand blocking shows that you want to sell later, but why block a commercial for a product that's available (wildly unpopular, but available) in USA?

Just watched, I thought it was fantastic! Brilliant to have Alan back! Shabby? Nope.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 5 2010, 7:21 PM GMT

Just watched, I thought it was fantastic! Brilliant to have Alan back! Shabby? Nope.

This again

I did laugh out loud a few times, and enjoyed it.
But I think I prefer him when he's working, because I think KMKYWAP was faultless whereas the Sitcom had cracks in it.

This isn't as good as either though, but it's always nice to see him back.

Knowing Me Knowing You is obviously amazing, but if I was forced to pick one over the other, I'd go with the sitcom.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ November 5 2010, 10:39 PM GMT

the Sitcom had cracks in it.

No it didn't.

I was only paraphrasing previous comments on the thread & Suchlike.
But Thinking about it I did see faults in the sitcom that I never saw in Knowing me Knowing you (Especially the Radio stuff)
However that doesn't mean that the sitcom isn't better.

Lovely stuff!