Status report Page 2,859

Quote: bigfella @ October 10 2010, 9:04 AM BST

Its nine in the morning on a Sunday and Aaron is online.

Maybe he is just back from Church.

More likely he got engrossed doing some modifications and has not even gone to bed yet.

Quote: EllieJP @ October 10 2010, 10:19 AM BST

Unfortunately not Marc. Ah well.

Have you moved again?

Working on three projects at the same time whilst watching The Venture Brothers. A good day!

Is the internet dying today? Keep running into sites that are dead and downed servers. Roar!

Quote: zooo @ October 10 2010, 10:00 AM BST

No one ever seems to talk about people shooting coyotes. Is it illegal or something?
Or is it just cos one can't eat 'em.

Texas state law says:
A hunting license is not required to hunt the following:

Coyotes, if the coyotes are attacking, about to attack, or have recently attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowl.

In reality, people shoot them all the time. It's not really hunting or sport, it's more like pest control. Our governor was in the news this summer after he shot a coyote while he was out for a jog.

My former inlaws have a small ranch in Florida and they leave a rifle next to the window in their guest house. Visitors are encouraged to shoot any coyotes that they see in the pasture.

Quote: DaButt @ October 10 2010, 3:20 PM BST

Our governor was in the news this summer after he shot a coyote while he was out for a jog.

When I'm out jogging, I prefer to carry nunchucks.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 10 2010, 3:42 PM BST

When I'm out jogging, I prefer to carry nunchucks.

Our governor prefers a Ruger .380 with a laser sight. :D

Quote: DaButt @ October 10 2010, 3:20 PM BST

Texas state law says:
A hunting license is not required to hunt the following:

Coyotes, if the coyotes are attacking, about to attack, or have recently attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowl.

In reality, people shoot them all the time. It's not really hunting or sport, it's more like pest control. Our governor was in the news this summer after he shot a coyote while he was out for a jog.

My former inlaws have a small ranch in Florida and they leave a rifle next to the window in their guest house. Visitors are encouraged to shoot any coyotes that they see in the pasture.

Ah, I've just not heard about it then.
I'm just constantly hearing from American friends about coyotes eating cats. :(

Quote: zooo @ October 10 2010, 4:11 PM BST

I'm just constantly hearing from American friends about coyotes eating cats. :(

They're actually increasing in number and moving into areas where they didn't exist previously. Sez Wikipedia:

Despite being extensively hunted, the coyote is one of the few medium-to-large-sized animals that has enlarged its range since human encroachment began. It originally ranged primarily in the western half of North America, but it has adapted readily to the changes caused by human presence and, since the early 19th century, has been steadily and dramatically extending its range. Sightings now commonly occur in a majority of the United States and Canada. Coyotes inhabit nearly every contiguous U.S. state and Alaska. Coyotes have moved into most of the areas of North America formerly occupied by wolves, and are often observed foraging in suburban garbage bins.

Robyn wishes that books were less expensive. She wants to buy one vaguely related to her course, but that she has wanted to read for ages, yet feels bad about it because she should be buying course books. Unimpressed

Nat does not feel excited for the gig tonight. I haven't for any of them so far. Is this a bad thing?

:( Hug Your nerves probably just outweigh the excitement?

Yep. Mainly I just feel like I don't want to do it.

How come you are then? If that doesn't sound too mean?:$

Do you feel good afterwards, or during?

I DON'T KNOW. Don't confuse my brain any further. I think it's probably just my coping mechanism for being out of my comfort zone.