Status report Page 2,857

I hear coyotes outside right now. The neighborhood dogs don't sound pleased.

I'm excited to brew with this tomorrow:

(It's reputed to be the yeast used in Timothy Taylor's Landlord.)

Wyeast 1469-PC West Yorkshire Ale Yeast

Beer Styles: Blonde Ale, English IPA, Extra Special/Strong Bitter (English Pale Ale), Oatmeal Stout, Southern English Brown, Special/Best/Premium Bitter, Standard/Ordinary Bitter, Sweet Stout

Profile: This strain produces ales with a full chewy malt flavor and character, but finishes dry, producing famously balanced beers. Expect moderate nutty and stone-fruit esters. Best used for the production of cask-conditioned bitters, ESB and mild ales. Reliably flocculent, producing bright beer without filtration.

Alc. Tolerance 9% ABV
Flocculation high
Attenuation 67-71%
Temp. Range 64-72°F (18-22°C)

This sounds interesting, too:

Wyeast Labs has partnered with Austin Homebrew Supply to release a previously unavailable yeast strain called Greenbelt.

Greenbelt is an American ale strain that complements hop-driven beers with fruity and floral aromas. Good attenuation and high flocculation characteristics make Greenbelt clean and versatile.

The name Greenbelt was chosen in honor of the Barton Creek Greenbelt, a popular stretch of public land in Austin, TX consisting of numerous hiking trails and natural swimming holes.

Attenuation: 74-78%
Flocculation: High
Optimum Fermentation Temperature: 65-72 F (18-22 C)
Alcohol Tolerance: 10% ABV

Its nine in the morning on a Sunday and Aaron is online.

Maybe he is just back from Church.

Quote: DaButt @ October 10 2010, 6:51 AM BST

I'm excited to brew with this tomorrow:

(It's reputed to be the yeast used in Timothy Taylor's Landlord.)

Wyeast 1469-PC West Yorkshire Ale Yeast

Beer Styles: Blonde Ale, English IPA, Extra Special/Strong Bitter (English Pale Ale), Oatmeal Stout, Southern English Brown, Special/Best/Premium Bitter, Standard/Ordinary Bitter, Sweet Stout

Profile: This strain produces ales with a full chewy malt flavor and character, but finishes dry, producing famously balanced beers. Expect moderate nutty and stone-fruit esters. Best used for the production of cask-conditioned bitters, ESB and mild ales. Reliably flocculent, producing bright beer without filtration.

Alc. Tolerance 9% ABV
Flocculation high
Attenuation 67-71%
Temp. Range 64-72°F (18-22°C)

This sounds interesting, too:

Wyeast Labs has partnered with Austin Homebrew Supply to release a previously unavailable yeast strain called Greenbelt.

Greenbelt is an American ale strain that complements hop-driven beers with fruity and floral aromas. Good attenuation and high flocculation characteristics make Greenbelt clean and versatile.

The name Greenbelt was chosen in honor of the Barton Creek Greenbelt, a popular stretch of public land in Austin, TX consisting of numerous hiking trails and natural swimming holes.

Attenuation: 74-78%
Flocculation: High
Optimum Fermentation Temperature: 65-72 F (18-22 C)
Alcohol Tolerance: 10% ABV

TT's Landlord is on at my local at the moment - but I am not really a fan. Maybe I had a bad drop. Will give it another go.

Quote: DaButt @ October 10 2010, 4:06 AM BST

I hear coyotes outside right now. The neighborhood dogs don't sound pleased.

:( That would scare me... especailly if I were a kitteh.

Definitely.

No one ever seems to talk about people shooting coyotes. Is it illegal or something?
Or is it just cos one can't eat 'em.

I'm not sure coyote meat is very nice... bet it's stringy.

Ellie is off on a nice lunch date today. :)

With same man or a new one?

New one. Haven't heard from the other guy after I boiled his bunny.

Quote: zooo @ October 10 2010, 10:00 AM BST

Definitely. No one ever seems to talk about people shooting coyotes.

Yes, it suprises me that more people don't talk about it. Especially here in England where there are no coyotes. ;)

Oh come on Chip - she means like on Friends when they go away on regular Coyote shooting hols.

*writes to Childline bullying division*

Ellie did I miss something re the move to Ealing. I'm guessing that didn't work out too well :(

Unfortunately not Marc. Ah well.

Sorry to hear that. He's probably not a very happy man.