BBC's New Writing Initiatives Page 18

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 4 2010, 7:27 PM BST

All the writers' premises sound like they have good potential. Can't wait to see them packed with limp knob gags and relocated to Runcorn. ;)

Tim if you really want to write comedy have you ever thought about other avenues that won't depress you so much. Sitcom is just bloody sitcom after all... it's ok... it's not. you know GREAT ART.

Quote: Marc P @ October 4 2010, 10:44 PM BST

Tim if you really want to write comedy have you ever thought about other avenues that won't depress you so much. Sitcom is just bloody sitcom after all... it's ok... it's not. you know GREAT ART.

I once started a fantastic thread saying just that and I was shot down. And I'm sure one of those with a rifle was one Marc P!

Quote: chipolata @ October 4 2010, 10:52 PM BST

I once started a fantastic thread saying just that and I was shot down. And I'm sure one of those with a rifle was one Marc P!

No you're not :)

Quote: Marc P @ October 4 2010, 10:44 PM BST

Well there's no need to get personal! :(

;)

Quote: chipolata @ October 4 2010, 10:52 PM BST

He's a true politician, that Mr P. He sways with the prevailing wind... ;)

And, Marc, for the record, I've just finished my first proper feature screenplay. A black comedy. So I shall soon be moving on from being apoplectic with rage about sitcoms I didn't write to, instead, being apoplectic with rage about movies I didn't write.

:)

Er, I mean... Angry

Quote: swerytd @ September 27 2010, 3:16 PM BST

Oh, it's not so much the writing -- it's the never-ending IT that's the real kick in the balls :)

Dan

Do I hear violins playing? I get up at six to paint peoples houses FFS.

So you're high all day. I have to buy my own drugs!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 5 2010, 8:53 AM BST

So you're high all day. I have to buy my own drugs!

Dan

I wish! They removed the juice from paint long ago, why I have to pay for drugs too. Thats why they call it the good old days Smarmy

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 4 2010, 7:27 PM BST

All the writers' premises sound like they have good potential. Can't wait to see them packed with limp knob gags and relocated to Runcorn. ;)

And I thought no one had noticed our method. We'll have to switch to fart gags in Filey.

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ October 5 2010, 9:26 AM BST

And I thought no one had noticed our method. We'll have to switch to fart gags in Filey.

Thank you, Ronnie Barker!

The first holiday I remember was in Filey. I won a pinball machine in a plasticine competition.

I hope no-one's waiting for some sort of great punchline here...

Dan

I love Filey.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ October 5 2010, 10:03 AM BST

I love Filey.

Fileyphile!

:D

Me, I'm a big fan of peas. You might say I'm a...

I heard you were gluten intolerant and love making all your own bread with chick pea flour?

And there for are a pea-dough-phile

I also understand you enjoy making Homer Simpson impersonations at the author of Bloodwork

And there fore are a Mark-P-doh!-phile.