Asking for production companies to read script Page 5

Quote: sootyj @ September 29 2010, 11:10 PM BST

If this site was a sitcom it would be called...

"GRAMMER'S house!"

:D

That was a shed load of commas.

And not one had a space after it.

Quote: rwayne @ September 30 2010, 8:04 PM BST

Oh Tim!...I think you are being a little naughty again.
"Trolling" (yes I had to look up the meaning )...I believe it's your actual internet slang.
I have been a member of this site for nine months.Are you really suggesting I joined here so I would be able to slighty irk a few people nine months later?
Or,perhaps,you are referring to your own,pompous,remarks toward me in this thread?
Sadly,though,you weren't happy with that and have felt the need to have a pop at me,by name,in another thread!
This IS a comedy website but I would say obsessively trying to be funny with every post you make isn't a good look.
Now...I don't particularly care if you want to spend your life,in internet chatrooms,making peurile,sarcastic,remarks about people you don't know...that's up to you.What I would say,though,your comments in this thread (and the other)conjured up the image,for me,of you snorting with pleasure at how clever you had been.The danger,I think,with constantly trying to be funny is that,to a casual observer,you may come accross as being constantly,remarkably pleased with yourself.
Anyway I'm off to the pub now.(If you don't know or have forgotten what that is...'Google' it!)

Hate to be a bore, but I've asked numerous times and been entirely ignored. If you don't do what we've asked, you'll be banned, I'm afraid.
Thanks.

"Trolling" (yes I had to look up the meaning )...I believe it's your actual internet slang.
I have been a member of this site for nine months.Are you really suggesting I joined here so I would be able to slighty irk a few people nine months later?
Or,perhaps,you are referring to your own,pompous,remarks toward me in this thread?
Sadly,though,you weren't happy with that and have felt the need to have a pop at me,by name,in another thread!
This IS a comedy website but I would say obsessively trying to be funny with every post you make isn't a good look.
Now...I don't particularly care if you want to spend your life,in internet chatrooms,making peurile,sarcastic,remarks about people you don't know...that's up to you.What I would say,though,your comments in this thread (and the other)conjured up the image,for me,of you snorting with pleasure at how clever you had been.The danger,I think,with constantly trying to be funny is that,to a casual observer,you may come accross as being constantly,remarkably pleased with yourself.
Anyway I'm off to the pub now.(If you don't know or have forgotten what that is...'Google' it!)

I wonder if some people just can't resist being smart arses?

Yeah it's a mystery sure enough.

Quote: zooo @ September 30 2010, 8:54 PM BST

And not one had a space after it.

Hate to be a bore, but I've asked numerous times and been entirely ignored. If you don't do what we've asked, you'll be banned, I'm afraid.
Thanks.

Alas he probably ALWAYS writes like that with no spaces after a full stop or comma and it will be hard for him to break that bad habit.

It'll probably ruin his chances to be a script writer, but in the literary trade the copy-editor will fix his punctuation for him if he ever gets that far, with his attitude.

Quote: billwill @ September 30 2010, 10:52 PM BST

Alas he probably ALWAYS writes like that with no spaces after a full stop or comma and it will be hard for him to break that bad habit.

It'll probably ruin his chances to be a script writer, but in the literary trade the copy-editor will fix his punctuation for him if he ever gets that far, with his attitude.

He/she suggested he was of an older age. It just surprises me that someone could get through a long life not having learned that a space comes after a comma - something that is taught in the first year of primary school.

Anyway, we make allowances for dyslexia etc, but not for laziness.

* rolls eyes*

I must admit, as an ex-typesetter, I tend to go all Inspector Dreyfus when I see people typing this way. What always perplexes me is surely they'd be tipped off by all those red squiggly lines...

"clueless"...sincerely, thank you very much for that post. It is genuinely helpful to me. As I have said, this is all new stuff to me.
I'm sure it will sound ridiculous to lots of people, however, I had not 'written' anything on a keyboard until last year. So now I have a laptop and, quite honestly, don't really understand it. I didn't know what the red lines were (until now) nor do I know what the green ones mean.
I will say though, I don't get those lines when writing a forum post.
It's as well to remember, I suppose, the whole world has not spent it's life using keyboards since infancy.
Again...thank you.

Certain web browsers (I think Google Chrome is one) will check everything you type for spelling, gramma and syntax erros. Might be handy while you're getting used to the keyboard.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ October 1 2010, 2:57 PM BST

Certain web browsers (I think Google Chrome is one) will check everything you type for spelling, gramma and syntax erros. Might be handy while you're getting used to the keyboard.

Not a Chrome user then?

"Nat"...thank you very much too. Things are getting a little better. I'm up to typing with two fingers now.

On the same hand?

I'm learning...slowly. What I have learned, quite quickly, though...some things that sound funny in my head aren't nearly as funny once you write them down!