Kids' sitcoms? Page 3

Yes, same here. If you're too young to get a joke, you won't get it. There were loads of jokes in Blackadder that I didn't understand were rude until I watched them again a bit older.

Kenan & Kel. Loved that show. Also, Clarissa Explains It All.

Quote: frikandel @ September 17 2010, 6:57 PM BST

Kenan & Kel. Loved that show.

No.

Also, Clarissa Explains It All.

Yes.

:)

Ah, how tastes differ, zooo :)

Quote: zooo @ September 17 2010, 7:03 PM BST

No.

Racist.

(Kenan*)

Yes, it's Kenan, updated my post. Sorry Aaron :(

Edit: My first spelling mistake on the board to be corrected by Aaron. I feel honoured :)

And I've been trying so hard to get my spelling right too Laughing out loud

Has anyone mentioned Big Top yet?

I think Round The Twist is the best childrens comedy series in the history of the entire existence of television.

I used to really love Palace Hill, there's another one.

Quote: Aaron @ September 17 2010, 7:10 PM BST

Racist.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: David Carmon @ September 18 2010, 12:51 PM BST

I think Round The Twist is the best children's comedy series in the history of the entire existence of television.

Not seen Maid Marian And Her Merry Men?

I used to watch adult sitcoms as a kid too, well at the age of 10+ anyway.

Not a sitcom, I know, but I remember once watching The Day Today at age 11 before going to bed and being quite scared thinking it was a real news programme. I guess mostly because the tone of the show was aimed at showing how news programmes had a tendency to over dramatise.

Looking back now I can't believe I was taken in by it, one of the bits I remember from back then was I think someone getting their finger stuck in a book...

Anyway, keeping it on topic, does anyone know if there are any sitcoms that work on both levels? I'm thinking things like early Simpsons here, where there are things for the kids to enjoy but also enough jokes in it to make it a more adult show. I would hate to think I'm missing some wonderfully brilliant sitcom just because it's on CBBC.

Quote: Epiphany @ September 27 2010, 11:25 AM BST

I would hate to think I'm missing some wonderfully brilliant sitcom just because it's on CBBC.

I've been really enjoying BBC Switch's (kind of teenage strand) Shelfstackers. On CBBC itself there've been wonderful sketch shows like Horrible Histories and Sorry, I've Got No Head!, and of course Do Not Adjust Your Set gained a cult adult following back in the late 1960s.

My money however, for a great sitcom both for kids and adults, is still with Maid Marian And Her Merry Men.

Quote: Aaron @ September 27 2010, 11:49 AM BST

I've been really enjoying BBC Switch's (kind of teenage strand) Shelfstackers. On CBBC itself there've been wonderful sketch shows like Horrible Histories and Sorry, I've Got No Head!, and of course Do Not Adjust Your Set gained a cult adult following back in the late 1960s.

My money however, for a great sitcom both for kids and adults, is still with Maid Marian And Her Merry Men.

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll keep an eye out for these shows.

And yes, Maid Marian and Her Merry Men more than likely is the best adult and kids sitcom. I remember watching it as a kid with my parents and we both loved it, and I've watched it since "growing up" and still love it.

Mike and Angelo. Loved it as a child but I can't remember anything about it now except the opening credits.

Oh I did enjoy that. Pity it was on ITV though.