Kids' sitcoms? Page 2

Quote: Steve Charlie @ June 11 2010, 4:21 AM BST

I am amazed and angry that such an 'in the gutter' comment could be passed by in this forum.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Steve Charlie @ June 11 2010, 3:51 AM BST

Well, I suppose the primary real difference would be that their primary target audience is children. It's just that I hadn't really thought about sitcoms for children as really existing before - whether it is something obvious to others or not.

Ah, well then yes, there are children's sitcoms, most certainly. Many channels and programming timeslots have particular aims and quotas to fill in their kids' programming though, so a lot of them introduce moral/learning elements that can dilute the comedy with aspects of drama.

Quote: Steve Charlie @ June 11 2010, 4:21 AM BST

I am amazed and angry that such an 'in the gutter' comment could be passed by in this forum.

Sorry, Steve old boy, I was only teasing. I haven't actually reported you for being a paedophile - I save that for friends. What I do is, I mail them nudie pictures of myself as a toddler then ring the fuzz with a hot tip. Try it, you'll be the toast of the town!

I notice the spelling of the thread title has been corrected now anyway, so new visitors will see you as a lovely man trying to get an honest answer to a comedy question while I gibber away in the background like a weird, nudie kid obsessed crank. Advantage = Steve, I reckon!

What was that UK kid's show that had a witch called Tea Bag in it? She had an assistant called T-Shirt if I recall. That might fit your bill.

Pink Windmill?

Quote: zooo @ June 11 2010, 11:07 AM BST

Pink Windmill?

I used to fancy Grotbags.

:O

Quote: zooo @ June 11 2010, 11:16 AM BST

:O

Or was it Croc who I liked......

There was an extremely camp robot bloke.
Probably him.

Quote: zooo @ June 11 2010, 11:07 AM BST

Pink Windmill?

Nah, different show. Found it on YouTube now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJLZ-6moBEQ&feature=related

Ah yes, I get all that T Bag and Grotbags stuff mixed up!

I watched them both though, they were ace.

I enjoyed Maid Marian And Her Merry Men very much as a kid. And Dizzy Heights.

I used to let my children watch all the adult comedy.
My 1 year old Granddaughter will be watching The Inbetweeners with me this week. :) I am a very good Mother/Nonny

The Tbag show was just mental.

I remember the actress who played Tbag saying she had no idea what was going on, but she got to wear a nice frock.

Quote: David Bussell @ June 11 2010, 11:36 AM BST

Nah, different show. Found it on YouTube now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJLZ-6moBEQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFVsmtR8gGQ

And here's a working clip.

Kids TV

Kinda gay.

Quote: Steve Charlie @ June 10 2010, 7:40 AM BST

I've been wondering if there is such a thing as kids' sitcoms...
Anyone else have thoughts?

Full House comes to mind, though it was obviously for children who were slam-dunked at birth. Almost as bad was Saved By the Bell. Better fare was Parker Lewis Can't Lose. Brit-wise, Metal Mickey comes to mind.

Quote: Charley @ September 13 2010, 1:35 AM BST

I used to let my children watch all the adult comedy.

I always watched adult comedy growing up. Although a lot of it used to go over my head. (It doesn't now, just so you know.)