Frasier Page 5

Quote: Dave @ October 28 2009, 12:11 AM GMT

Season 7 and 8 onwards was just appalling. Don't ever get me started on Season 9!

I thought they were pretty decent. I'm just watching Season 10 again on DVD and there's lots of good stuff in it. The only time I thought the show dipped was the season where he lost his job at the radio station. Unemplyed fat Frasier didn't work as well. And the writers clearly thought so too as they got him back onto the radio show pretty sharpish.

I'm trying hard not to watch this for a few years, so when I do, it will hopefully be a bit fresh to me. But I doubt it will work.

Although not watching Friends for a year works.

Quote: Leevil @ November 2 2009, 12:00 PM GMT

Although not watching Friends for a year works.

Not watching Friends at all works even better.

Not really, especially if you enjoy it. :)

This is a good show. Hilarious, in fact!

I never got in to Frasier whilst it was on. I took one look and decided it looked stuffy and boring. However, I recently caught a few episodes and enjoyed them. In fact, I enjoyed them so much that I ordered the season 1 boxset. Started watching it yesterday and been laughing like a baboon ever since.

Quote: Ben @ September 5 2010, 11:57 AM BST

I never got in to Frasier whilst it was on. I took one look and decided it looked stuffy and boring. However, I recently caught a few episodes and enjoyed them. In fact, I enjoyed them so much that I ordered the season 1 boxset. Started watching it yesterday and been laughing like a baboon ever since.

I remember the days when you claimed not to care for American sitcoms, and now here you are, with your Frasier and Arrested Development love; you've changed Ricketts, I like to think it's due to me rubbing off on you. But I know you're such a tart it could be down to any number of men rubbing off on you.

I was very dubious about it at first. I thought 'What, that pompous twat off Cheers?' Then eventually watched a couple and realised that this is what they were making fun of. Not only was it very well written and funny but the sitcom model was very conventional, proving there was life in it yet, when many sitcoms had already ditched it for something more modern and casual. Constantly funny and high quality, even tho it did, as most US sitcoms do, go on way too long. Loads of it I still haven't seen yet.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 5 2010, 12:04 PM BST

I remember the days when you claimed not to care for American sitcoms, and now here you are, with your Frasier and Arrested Development love; you've changed Ricketts, I like to think it's due to me rubbing off on you. But I know you're such a tart it could be down to any number of men rubbing off on you.

This view is nothing but Bussell and Stott propaganda. Please ignore them, people.

Quote: Ben @ September 5 2010, 12:50 PM BST

This view is nothing but Bussell and Stott propaganda. Please ignore them, people.

I remember the first time we met me telling you I liked Curb and you replied saying it was nothing but a Yankie One Foot in the Grave rip off before upending a pint of Guinness over my head.

Frasier is simply one of the best sitcoms ever made. The ski lodge episode alone is textbook farce.

I absolutely adore Frasier. I remember first watching it when I was at school, and didn't really understand the jokes. It is not a comedy which panders to its audience.

The thing which most people who have not watched it don't understand is that, despite Frasier being pompous and a snobby psychiatrist, he is just as flawed and neurotic as his patients; which for me makes great comedy!!

The best US sitcom ever in my opinion. Not just for the comedy its great for the drama of the story in a way that most arn't. Also as a piece of triva, all the antiques in Frasier's apartment are real antiques making it the most expensive set on a sitcom in the world ever.

A great set it was. It's my fave US sitcom yes, in some part because it looks so British, I expect.

Does it look particularly British?

I think the model of basic farce with characters in and out of doors etc is British looking, imo. I'm sure I'll get told that's French now. I'm waiting...