Edinburgh 2010

As some may have spotted I've already been to "a" Fringe this year (read more here).

My brother and I will be up for one day (17th August) to see (among other things) Daniel Kitson and both Just a Minute recordings.

I've written some new bits for Ivor Dembina's "Is this a subject for comedy?"

That's it.

Anyone having a pop at Newsbrunch?

Quote: Griff @ August 1 2010, 2:03 PM BST

If anyone's around and so short of company they fancy a beer with an annoying twat off the Internet, PM me.

For a minute I thought you were acting as my PA there!

:)

As you may or may not have noticed, the BCG is covering the Fringe this year: https://www.comedy.co.uk/fringe

If you're going, hopefully see you up there!

If you're not going (which is fair enough as its expensive, rainy and a long way away for some) try and catch Fred MacAulay's daily radio show on Radio Scotland (10am), Radio 7 (11pm) or iPlayer anytime. Last year it did an excellent job of broadcasting the best interviews and stand-up from the Fringe... https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/macaulay_and_co_edinburgh/

I toyed with the idea of taking something to Edinburgh this year then remembered I've only being doing stand up for 11 months and my act's still a bit shit.

I think I'm going 18th - 20th although not set in stone. I want to catch as many people there that I know as I can. Looking forward to the BBC Comedy Presents gig - they're always good.

I look forward to THE LEE HENMAN SHOW.

My Fringe starts tonight with Hans Teeuwen at the Pleasance.

Happy days are here again.

Quote: Ben @ August 3 2010, 7:30 PM BST

I look forward to THE LEE HENMAN SHOW.

You shouldn't. If it ever happens it'll involve lots of things to do with my bottom.

I'll be doing the World's First Edinburgh Festival Solo Twitter Comedy Show tomorrow at 2pm, www.twitter.com/NoTicketShow and then on every week day at 2pm for the rest of the Fringe, a new show every day.

Quote: James BradburyHarding @ August 4 2010, 5:43 PM BST

My Fringe starts tonight with Hans Teeuwen at the Pleasance.

We didn't like it much. However, James Lance was sitting in front of us and was apparently loving it.

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 4 2010, 9:52 PM BST

You shouldn't. If it ever happens it'll involve lots of things to do with my bottom.

Is that the video of your colonoscopy on YouTube?

How did you persuade Richard Blackwood to appear in that I'll never know.

Quote: James BradburyHarding @ August 5 2010, 10:51 AM BST

We didn't like it much. However, James Lance was sitting in front of us and was apparently loving it.

He's a bit of an aquired taste hey? I really like him though, seen him about 4 times now and his act has changed loads. I've met him a couple of times too and he's really nice and still just as funny and out there. It's no pretence- which is what I like about him. He did a really funny episode of Carpool too with Robert Llewellyn which was so good.

Quote: David Bussell @ August 3 2010, 4:36 PM BST

I toyed with the idea of taking something to Edinburgh this year then remembered I've only being doing stand up for 11 months and my act's still a bit shit.

I'll do the Burgh with you next year. We'll have our own double headline. By then you'll be less shit and I'll have done at least one gig. WIN !

Saw a few more shows yesterday:

The Fitzrovia Radio Hour - 4/5

Toulson & Harvey Used To Be Friends - 4/5

Jim Jeffries - 3/5

Quote: EllieJP @ August 5 2010, 5:10 PM BST

He's a bit of an aquired taste hey? I really like him though, seen him about 4 times now and his act has changed loads. I've met him a couple of times too and he's really nice and still just as funny and out there. It's no pretence- which is what I like about him. He did a really funny episode of Carpool too with Robert Llewellyn which was so good.

There were definitely some brilliant flashes and I could see why he's highly regarded, but he never really picked up any momentum due to fluffed lines and mic/stage issues. But hey, it was a £5 preview show so I'm not going to grumble too much.