MacAulay And Co
Each August, Fred MacAulay's daily magazine show on Radio Scotland broadcasts from the Edinburgh Fringe, with interviews & stand-up
- Chat Show, Stand-Up
- 2006 - 2014
- BBC Radio Scotland, BBC Radio 4 Extra
- 101 (9 series)
- Fred MacAulay, Susan Calman, Kirsty Strain, Sue Perkins and Chris Neill
Each year, for two or three all-too-brief weeks in August, the show comes live from the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Joined by co-host Susan Calman and a live audience, Fred showcases the best of the Festival and interviews many of the festival's top comedy stars. The programme also features guest stand-up and sketch performances.
The show is broadcast on Radio Scotland in the morning alongside regular news and features, before an edited comedy-only version is repeated in an hour-long format later each evening on Radio 4 Extra (previously Radio 7).
Kirsty Strain presents additional coverage from the green room.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Monday 14th August 2006 on BBC Radio Scotland
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 2nd January 2015 on BBC Radio Scotland at 10:30am
- Last repeat
- Thursday 21st August 2014 at 9:00pm on Radio 4 Extra