Lead Balloon - Series 1 Page 4

Won't they be on Series three?
Either way I hope there is one, as it really came together in the extended edition last Christmas. All the characters had more to do and felt the better for it like it was ready to become a much more rounded ensemble comedy instead of them just supporting Rick's antics.

And before being informed yet again this a poor British rip-off of Curb your Enthuiasm, many people we'll be pleased to know the cast are not becoming anything like Cheryl, Jeff or Suzie.

Quote: youngian @ August 10 2009, 4:15 PM BST

And before being informed yet again this a poor British rip-off of Curb your Enthuiasm

Load o' rubbish, that.

Quote: the legend @ August 10 2009, 3:51 PM BST

Anyone know if this is getting a 4th series? It is a hugely underrated show.

It's very likely it will get another I think... but, as with pretty much every other big-budget show, it's having to sit in a commissioning queue at the moment (budget reasons, and because the BBC need to find a new comedy commissioner as Lucy Lumsden has left).

Quote: Mark @ August 12 2009, 2:45 AM BST

(budget reasons, and because the BBC need to find a new comedy commissioner as Lucy Lumsden has left).

I'll take over - I need a better job.

Quote: Mark @ August 12 2009, 2:45 AM BST

It's very likely it will get another I think... but, as with pretty much every other big-budget show, it's having to sit in a commissioning queue at the moment (budget reasons, and because the BBC need to find a new comedy commissioner as Lucy Lumsden has left).

They should recommission it and transfer it to BBC One. It's a good show that I think could easily find a wider audience.

I could never really enjoy it. They seemed to have most of the elements of a good show, but somehow I failed to laugh. Maybe it was the over-familiarity of some of it; the plots seemed a bit predictable, the eastern-European cleaner was clichéd, the 'look' of it had been done too often, and despite what some here say, I found myself thinking 'Curb' a few times. Also, I couldn't sympathise with Dee's Rick Spleen much, while I could do so with Larry David (just to choose a random comparison).

There is a new series as it is filmed down my road and I saw all the equipment lorries, lights and bacon buttie vans this morning.

I shall have a nose on the way home and make nuisance of myself like Rick's annoying neighbour

Not due for another year, apparently. https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/lead_balloon/

The crew have informed me they are making an advert in the same house as Rick Spleens, so I got that one wrong.

Quote: youngian @ August 26 2009, 1:22 PM BST

There is a new series as it is filmed down my road and I saw all the equipment lorries, lights and bacon buttie vans this morning.

I shall have a nose on the way home and make nuisance of myself like Rick's annoying neighbour

Do you live in the same sort of house as Rick Spleen?

Brilliant Comedy! I am in the middle of watching Series 2 and looking forward to getting Series 3 of Lead Balloon. Lovey

Good for you, you groovy virgo chick. Incidentally, I'm a virgo guy.

I wonder if youngian ever found out about a 4th series? Anyone else got any updates?

It's mentioned on this site in the comedy guide: "A 4th series of the show has been commissioned. It is likely to debut in September in 2010."

I read something recently that lead me to suspect it's more likely to be early 2011 now, sadly.

From Jack Dee's twitter;
"Finishing off writing Lead Balloon series 4 today. One scene to rewrite. Filming September/October. Goes out next year. Will send pics."
10:54 AM Jul 7th via Echofon