Best sitcom title sequence Page 2

As everyone has said, I'll agree with The IT Crowd. I also like the titles to How Not To Live Your Life.

The Good Life - Very distinctive cartoony titles with that da da da doo dee doo doo theme tune, very 1970s, very simple but memorable, you immediately know the show it belongs to.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 3 2010, 11:32 PM BST

I know it's been said before but I love the one for IT Crowd. And the stupid theme tune for the Old Guys always gets stuck in my head.

You really should listen to an Ivor Cutler album - and I should too. I think I'll try to get hold of Life in a Scotch Sitting Room - or whatever it's called.

Porridge titles succinctly tell you the background story if you're a newcomer.

I've always found Peep Show a bit disappointing with it's generic jingly-jangly indie song. And that only popped up for the second series, before that it was the incidental music backing the opening titles.

I remember, when I was about six, finding the opening to Terry And June hilarious every single time; even though it was, I think, the same shot of a garden chair collapsing, week after week.

Black Books. Dark and wonky.
Ever Decreasing Circles is good as well.

I'm very fond of the title sequence for Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Especially love the bit where he rescues the baby from the ambulance on fire.

Love Soup. just watching series 1 and I love the intro song.

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ July 4 2010, 7:43 PM BST

I'm very fond of the title sequence for Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Especially love the bit where he rescues the baby from the ambulance on fire.

Good call. Great sequence.

Nobody's mentioned Reggie Perrin? Great music and a single, powerful, iconic image that sums up the whole series.

Or Citizen Smith? - getting the first gag in before the credits have even stopped rolling (although I guess in these days of the cold open that doesn't count for so much).

I'd still have to give the prize to The Office - the only time I can remember gagging to watch a new series before I'd even heard the first line of dialogue. People forget now that it premiered without publicity in a suicide slot and had to fight for every infant breath.

Quote: Bomsh @ July 5 2010, 8:49 AM BST

a suicide slot and had to fight for every infant breath.

Is that a Bruce Springsteen lyric?

Police Squad.

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ July 4 2010, 7:43 PM BST

That is the best dive ever. Not even 'johnny foreigner footballer' can beat that.

Quote: Chappers @ July 4 2010, 8:39 PM BST

Love Soup. just watching series 1 and I love the intro song.

For those wonderng, the song is "Alley Boogie" by Georgia White.

Favourite title sequences for me include Dad's Army, Porridge, Yes Minister, Yes, Prime Minister, The IT Crowd, Open All Hours and Black Books (I remember on the DVDs audio commentary that the cast said the Black Books titles reminded them of the cartoon Roobarb and Custard).

The League Of Gentlemen (the one on series one and two)
Red Dwarf
Yes Minister
Last Of The Summer Wine