Best sitcom title sequence

I've done a search, but there doesn't seem to be a thread on this. To me, the Dad's Army, Porridge and Sorry! titles are the top three. For sketch shows, the ones from Naked Video and Not The Nine O'Clock News are good.

Anyone else?

Yes Mininster/Yes, Prime Minister for me. The Gerald Scarfe cartoons and great title music. I think The IT Crowd also has a good opening sequence.

Quote: chipolata @ July 3 2010, 6:14 PM BST

Yes Mininster/Yes, Prime Minister for me. The Gerald Scarfe cartoons and great title music. I think The IT Crowd also has a good opening sequence.

Agreed. Also the original Red Dwarf title sequence.

There is one somewhere as I remember posting on it.

But for me 2point4 Children and Next of Kin (what else)

Game On.

The Office is good too. The mournful music, and the footage of Slough roundabouts etc, it's quite moving.

There is a thread. You just reminded me I actually wrote an article for the site about this. Oops!

The IT Crowd's opening titles and music are great.

Some good suggetsions so far. I'm going to go with The IT Crowd which also has very good DVD menus.

Quote: John M @ July 3 2010, 6:09 PM BST

I've done a search, but there doesn't seem to be a thread on this.

Search more thoroughly! https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/11558/

For those of us who are a certain age:

Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads - great intro and ending

Totally agree with The IT Crowd & Office suggestions.

Alan Partridge's air bass to Gary Numan's Music for Chameleons as the menu animation on the second series DVD is truly, truly wonderful. (Granted, not really a title sequence, but what the hell. It's beautiful.)

Quote: James BradburyHarding @ July 3 2010, 11:07 PM BST

Alan Partridge's air bass to Gary Numan's Music for Chameleons as the menu animation on the second series DVD is truly, truly wonderful. (Granted, not really a title sequence, but what the hell. It's beautiful.)

I love that too. I'm pretty sure I sat watching it for at least 5 minutes once.

I know it's been said before but I love the one for IT Crowd. And the stupid theme tune for the Old Guys always gets stuck in my head.

Quote: David Bussell @ July 3 2010, 11:29 PM BST

I love that too. I'm pretty sure I sat watching it for at least 5 minutes once.

:D Me too!