Butterflies location

There is an episode of the sitcom Butterflies (I think from late 1970s) with someone arriving or departing on a (possibly loco hauled) train from a station which looks to have about 2 fairly long platforms.

I would like to know which station was used (it is certainly not a studio set).

Welcome to the board.
I can't help you, but hopefully someone can. :)

(By the way, you only have to ask on one thread!)

Marc P will know. He knows about trains.

Any contact details for Marc P?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/profile/Marc_P/

Do you know which episode it is in?

no idea - Sorry!!!

I don't know what station it was but Butterflies was apparently filmed in Cheltenham, so it may have been a local station there. I always imagined it was set in Essex or Kent but evidently not.

While we're on the subject, I've always thought of Butterflies as one of the best location sitcoms we did. Maybe it wasn't one the best sitcoms in itself (though many love it) but I did love the location shooting you'd get a lot of in it. We've got very studio based with our sitcoms today so Butterflies is to be praised for that at least.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 16 2010, 10:03 PM BST

I don't know what station it was but Butterflies was apparently filmed in Cheltenham, so it may have been a local station there. I always imagined it was set in Essex or Kent but evidently not.

I always thought 'Allo 'Allo! was set in France, not Norfolk!

I thought the actors were French. :(

If it's the episode I saw recently (library DVD)Ria had come up to London earlier, met Leonard, then was meeting Ben as he got off the train.

Unfortunately as I'm not British, I can't tell you whether it was London or not.

It was Series 3 tho IIRC.

D

thankyou - but what does 'tho IIRC' mean??

'tho' is lazy typing for 'though'.

'IIRC' stands for 'if I recall correctly'.

I'm not one for American style slashing of our words very often but 'though' has always annoyed me, it's twice as long as it needs to be. I am also lazy tho.

Didn't want to open up a new topic, I know this isn't completely relating to the title thread but hopefully it should be a quick response. Is there anywhere I can view the Comic Relief 2000 re-union short?

Hiya

Just joined here but thought I'd answer this one as I don't live far from the station. ;)

It's Morton in Marsh Railway Station in Gloucester:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Moreton-in-Marsh+railway+station,+Moreton-in-Marsh,+Gloucestershire+GL56,+United+Kingdom&sll=51.992243,-1.704225&sspn=0.006791,0.02738&ie=UTF8&hq=Moreton-in-marsh+Railway+Station&hnear=Moreton-in-marsh+Railway+Station,+Station+Rd,+Moreton-in-Marsh,+Gloucestershire+GL56+0AA,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.99233,-1.700006&spn=0.000801,0.003422&t=h&z=19&iwloc=A

I have a Classic Mini and once parked it outside the Parkinson Family home for an photoshoot Laughing out loud

Really wanted to back it down the Drive but that would have been too cheeky Whistling nnocently

And one outside the gates of Hatherly Park where Ria used to meet Leonard and Ponder Rolling eyes