Best comedy theme tune? Page 4

It's got to be the Mr Show theme music for me, it's just so catchy. I also love the LOG theme music, both versions of it.

Quote: Aaron @ September 8, 2007, 3:00 PM

I bet that's what you tell allllll the ladies.

Yes I like a bit of give in a lady.

Good call Martin :)

Whatever Happended to the Likely Lads. It has to be.

"Whatever happened to you/Whatever happened to me?/What became of the people we used to be?"

Men Of The World has a brilliant theme tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D-1USP5NNI

Quote: Dave @ September 17 2007, 7:55 PM GMT

"I'll write on my tombstone: Here lies Edmund Blackadder, and he's bloody annoyed."

...But he had a good theme tune (Series 2 and 3).
Also by Howard Goodall: Red Dwarf.

Not so keen on Vicar of Dibley's though.

Dad's Army and Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads are my favourites also.

Hi, long-time lurker's first post.

I've always been fond of the "Auf Wiedersehen pet" theme tunes. Catchy and nostalgic, perfect fit for the series. Another favourite has to be "Yes Minister": simple and elegant, and again, fits the show like a glove. I especially like the way the poignant orchestral theme is ironically countered by the wah-wah guitar.

The Italian ditty on Curb Your Enthuiasm is really distinctive and makes me smile a lot everytime I hear it.

I will get pillored for this but I love the Lab Rats theme.

1. Are You Being Served?
2. Whatever Happened to The Likely Lads
3. The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin
4. Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em
5. The Good Life
6. Citizen Smith

I'll probably think of loads more later, but some of my favs right now are I Love Lucy, Jam and Jerusalem and The Office (UK)

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em.

Quote: honora @ March 4 2010, 3:27 AM GMT

I'll probably think of loads more later, but some of my favs right now are I Love Lucy, Jam and Jerusalem and The Office (UK)

But weren't J & J and The Office just old songs? Not something specifically written for the show.

1> Father Ted
2> Early Doors
3> Game On
4> The Royle Family
5> The IT Crowd

Classics ...

Fawlty Towers
Dad's Army
Dick Emery
Bless This House
George & Mildred

Ah bugger. I started off thinking (and singing) Dad's Army, then I read the other posts. Fawlty Towers instantly conjures up memories, then it was

The Royle Family, even Some Mother's Do have 'Em and Father Ted (God bless Divine Comedy), I even find myself singing My Lovely Horse at moments of weakness.

But my favourite them tune is unquestionably from Bottom. Not the wah-wah-wah tune at the start but the Doo-do, dum,dum, dum,dum, dum,dum.

I used to manage a shop and this was played on a jazz tape as background 'muzac' (Googled it - 'Last Night' by the Mar-Keys but was covered by Ade Edmondson's band the Bum Notes)

I remember dancing around to this in the front of the shop on quiet Tuesday and going into an Eddie style Da-daaaaaaaah, wavey hand finale at the end when my boss and Regional Manager walked in. F**k, they had no sense of humour!

Always quite liked the Black Books tune. Brilliantly dark and wonky