Best comedy theme tune? Page 6

The Armstrong & Miller Show. Love the dancing.

Anyone mentioned the Porridge opening theme tune, or the Ripping Yarns closing theme tune? Must be more non-existant theme tunes...

I like Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em. Not so much because the theme tune is anything special but because it's fun to whistle when somebody does something particularly clumsy.

Quote: Afinkawan @ December 8 2010, 3:06 PM GMT

I like Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em. Not so much because the theme tune is anything special but because it's fun to whistle when somebody does something particularly clumsy.

I'm sure you knew this already, but did you know that the theme tune is actually 'Some Mothers Do Ave Em' played out in Morse code?

Care to rethink your 'not anything special' appraisal?

Quote: shaggy292 @ December 8 2010, 3:44 PM GMT

I'm sure you knew this already, but did you know that the theme tune is actually 'Some Mothers Do Ave Em' played out in Morse code?

Care to rethink your 'not anything special' appraisal?

:O

Quote: Afinkawan @ December 8 2010, 3:06 PM GMT

And if you can't whistle, then just say "Mr Spencer!!" in that exaggeratedly-shocked, plummy voice that the actor playing Frank's latest boss always used when Mr Spencer yet again hilariously dicked-up like a cretinous f**k...

Rising Damp.

I love the Chelmsford 123 theme.

Journey of the Sourcerer by The Eagles.

More popularly known as the theme music from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

or

Ira Newborn's Theme from Police Squad.

I like the one from Bread

also Birds of a Feather

Heard the Minder theme tune on the radio today and thought how well it suited the programme

It's Sorry! Why has nobody said that yet?

Dan

Ones that stick in my mind are the 'Dick Emery Show' theme tune and also 'Man about the House': cheesily perky, both perfectly in keeping in touch with the sour-edged mid-70s.

Terry and June!

Quote: Jazza @ September 5 2007, 3:38 AM GMT

The Late 80s/Early 90s sketch show Naked Video had a very a catchy theme tune for its first two series. Very electro.

Love this one.

The On the Buses tune is great as well, not the one from the films though.

Quote: chipolata @ September 4 2007, 2:22 PM GMT

What's your favourite theme tune? Mine's Only When I Laugh. Mournful and sad, it's not exactly a toe tapping classic, but there's something about it that really hits the spot with me. Conversely, I hate comedies that try to be too cool with their theme tunes. For example, much as I love Peep Show, I hate the bland indie tune they choose to front it.

Do you mean the 'I am H.A.P.P.Y' theme tune. I like that as well

I have to say my favourite comedy theme tune is Sorry! with Ronnie Corbett. This is a very 80s style tune.

Listen here: http://www.televisiontunes.com/Sorry.html

Quote: swerytd @ January 17 2011, 3:37 PM GMT

It's Sorry! Why has nobody said that yet?

Dan

totally agree with you. this tune is genius!! by gaynor colbourn and hugh wisdom