The Life And Times Of Vivienne Vyle Page 7

Quote: Aaron @ October 13, 2007, 3:30 PM

Unfortunately, minorities of all types now seem to be actively seeking to see themselves as being victimised, persecuted and so on.

As do majority types. I never hear anyone moaning these days more than white middle aged males.
Why doesn't our opinion matter, what about our rights. etc, etc.

Bless their oblivious cotton socks.

Very good :D

I wasn't aware that men counted as a majority though. Any gender statistics?

I meant the white bit, really.

I think this country is 52% female, 48% male.

Aaron/Cinammon:

I suspect you get Positive Discrimination issues from both sources, Government and the minority groups themselves. Also, I think both Government and the minority groups can sometimes see discrimination where it doesn't exist.

That isn't to say that there isn't plenty of discrimination because I am sure there is. But I propose that there is also manipulation for selfish ends by both Government and organised minority groups.

There are selfish humans everywhere and they come in all shapes, sizes, colours, creeds, nationalities, sex, and sexual preferences, etc.

Quote: zooo @ October 13, 2007, 4:16 PM

I meant the white bit, really.

I think this country is 52% female, 48% male.

And about 10 to 15% Gay?

More women and yet more men in exalted positions? Isn't this positive discrimination ;)

Quote: zooo @ October 13, 2007, 4:12 PM

As do majority types. I never hear anyone moaning these days more than white middle aged males.
Why doesn't our opinion matter, what about our rights. etc, etc.

Bless their oblivious cotton socks.

Not sure about the cotton socks, but there is something in what you say.

The so called 'majority' do seem to be feeling victimised these days.

Why would that be then?

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 13, 2007, 4:20 PM

Aaron/Cinammon:

I suspect you get Positive Discrimination issues from both sources, Government and the minority groups themselves. Also, I think both Government and the minority groups can sometimes see discrimination where it doesn't exist.

I still maintain that minority groups do not search for discrimination, but they must be wary of it having been persecuted, so mistakes are unavoidable.

[/quote]
There are selfish people everywhere.
[/quote]

Toooooo truuuuuuue

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 13, 2007, 4:23 PM

Why would that be then?

Because people like to blame others? So far I've seen no statistics to show that white, middle class males are persecuted against, only a few isolated incidents.
If only Jennifer Saunders knew what a fevered debate her show had somehow provoked.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 13, 2007, 4:23 PM

Not sure about the cotton socks, but there is something in what you say.

The so called 'majority' do seem to be feeling victimised these days.

Why would that be then?

'cause they want in on the action?
Because they feel guilty and want a way out?

I like to play my 'I have a foreign surname' card whenever I feel the liberal white guilt piling up.

Quote: Cinnamon @ October 13, 2007, 4:21 PM

More women and yet more men in exalted positions? Isn't this positive discrimination ;)

Point taken. You have to remember that women didn't even get to vote until the 20th Century. Outrageous!!! Also, unequal pay for equal work. Also outrageous!!!

Hope we never get a woman Prime Minister though... ;)

I'll assume that this is a Thatcher joke. I certainly won't complain about ANY abuse directed at Thatcher.

I know she was an evil old hagbitch, but it was nice having a woman in charge when I was growing up.

And she is at least more memorable than... erm, what was his name? John Major. Even if the only thing I can remember was that time she passed out while giving a speech.

Good times.

Hitler was a fairly memorable German Chancellor, but that doesn't excuse his absolute evil. To be fair to Thatcher it was the entire government, not just her. Norman Tebbit seems to have been about as incompetent as it's possible for a - apparent - human to be.

True. But I don't think Thatcher killed 6 million people.
Just gave them nightmares.

Exaggeration for the nation.

Quote: zooo @ October 13, 2007, 4:27 PM

'cause they want in on the action?
Because they feel guilty and want a way out?

I like to play my 'I have a foreign surname' card whenever I feel the liberal white guilt piling up.

I don't think that 'the majority' want 'in on the action' that doesn't ring true. As for feeling guilty and wanting a way out? A way out of what?

I don't feel guilty when a white man gets beaten up by a gang of black men. I didn't do it and don't condone it. So why should I feel guilty when it's a black man being beaten up by white men? Or a Gay man being beaten up? I expect the police to deal with it. And I expect them to be impartial with respect to race, sexuality, religion, etc. If some police aren't then they need to be rooted out and booted out. I expect politicians to deal with that. If The Met Police Force is '..inherently racist and homophobic..' as I have often read in the press, then I also expect politicians to deal with that.

Of course, our politicians Left, Cenre and Right are too busy fighting for (and fighting to retain) power, that in reality, they don't give a damn about real issues such as these. They pay lip service and no more.

Which is why I stand by my statement that Politicians are 'The scum of the Earth'...