The Life And Times Of Vivienne Vyle Page 3

I didn't bother watching it but really - what is the point?

I don't hate her - she just doesn't make me laugh. And going back to other threads - there are some sitcoms that are so funny how come stuff like this gets commissioned?

(I think maybe I know the answer)

I never notice swearing.

I think it and Sensitive Skin are part of a new wave (consisting of two whole sitcoms) directed at the over 50s. Who swear.

Quote: zooo @ October 5, 2007, 8:37 PM

I never notice swearing.

I think it and Sensitive Skin are part of a new wave (consisting of two whole sitcoms) directed at the over 50s. Who swear.

I don't think of Perfect Skin as a sitcom.

It's a gently amusing drama.

Well exactly, same as Vyle.

Only with more swearing, and people don't seem to think it's any good.

I didn't like the ingredients so I didn't want a bite.

(How pretentious does that sound)

Quote: David Chapman @ October 5, 2007, 8:30 PM

(I think maybe I know the answer)

Only Smarties have the answer.

Quote: zooo @ October 5, 2007, 8:37 PM

I never notice swearing.

Ditto that.

Ooh and it had that ace girl from Lead Balloon.
There's something about her that I find immensely watchable. I hope she gets her own show someday.

Hi there

I'm Lina (as in Carolina without the caro). This is the first recent Jennifer Saunders I've actually liked, pacy comic dialogue, nifty ideas. She's nasty but not shouty in this. And not too many scenes that are being milked till they become irritating. What a relief!

I didn't notice the swearing either, was it worse than Jonathan Ross?!

Lina, eh?

POOP POOP!

...Like a ship. An ocean liner. Geddit? :D

Oh, aren't I ever-so witty! ;)

(But seriously, welcome. :))

Or Bin Lina?

Sorry, welcome!

Wave

Well thanks, you make me feel so young!

Like back in school...

We're all in school here. :)

Mentally, anyway. :D

hello Lina

Hi

About being in school, doesn't that normally have bad memories for comedy geeks and writers - being the nerdish outsider? Not giving anything away here of course... but looking back, does it come close to the best years of your life for anyone?

I never really let people bother me like that. And I'm really nice anyway, so was friends with everyone. Well, almost everyone. :D

I was always pretty geeky in some ways. I really didn't particularly get into comedy until quite late though, certainly not until about the turn of the millennium at the earliest.

Dunno about the best years of my life though...