Doctor Who... Page 367

I quite liked Matt Smith. Does anyone else see a hint of Gordon Ramsey in him? I think they have similar eyes, but Matt's face is a little longer.

Poor boy.

What we need is some pics. :)

Quote: zooo @ January 2 2010, 6:38 PM GMT

Poor boy.

What we need is some pics. :)

Pictures of what? I have some interesting ones on my phone that Matt Stott would recommend.

Pics of Matt in a chef's hat or Gordon in a TARDIS.
To demonstrate your findings.

Oh the zooo! We're not all students with time to waste like you.

Oh wait. I am technically a student...

Must get NUS card.

:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

Quote: Ben @ January 2 2010, 6:36 PM GMT

I quite liked Matt Smith.

Yeah, he certainly seemed quite offbeat, and I liked it when he kissed his leg.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 2 2010, 7:23 PM GMT

I liked it when he kissed his leg.

Pervert.

Geronimo! The End Of Time was fantastic. Surprisingly, even though these were Tennant's last episodes, it was Bernard Cribbins who stole the last episode. Don't get me wrong, Tennant was absolutely brilliant, but Cribbins was just amazing. His final scene at Donna's wedding was heartbreaking. :(

There's so many things I liked about The End Of Time that I could write about them until tomorrow morning. Pleased

Awwww, it was so cute to see Martha and Mickey had got married and were still fighting baddies together.

>Don't forget that RTD had to go begging to a Canadian
>broadcaster to get the money to make the show,
>the BBC didn't want much to do with it.

Ah you sure?
Jane Tranter's husband (who was a customer of mine) said that she had been very keen on the return of Doctor Who and she was head of BBC Drama at the time!

Quote: billwill @ January 3 2010, 4:44 AM GMT

>Don't forget that RTD had to go begging to a Canadian
>broadcaster to get the money to make the show,
>the BBC didn't want much to do with it.

Ah you sure?
Jane Tranter's husband (who was a customer of mine) said that she had been very keen on the return of Doctor Who and she was head of BBC Drama at the time!

Yes, the BBC always wanted it, the only reason it hadn't come back sooner was a weird rights issue, which was spread over a few different places.

The Canadian Broadcasting Company were the ones who actually came up with the money for the series to be shot in the first place. Without them, there wouldn't have been a new Doctor Who.

'The CBC also received screen credit for contributing development funds towards the new series. Graeme Burk, writing in the June 2009 issue of Enlightenment (#151), however, states that it wasn't a traditional co-production so much as it was an acquisition deal (it was credited as a co-production because the funding was given in advance of the series being produced).'

The BBC wasn't willing to risk it's own money on a science fiction product especially at a time when it was blowing huge wadges of dough on BBC Three, BBC Four and about 9 billion digital radio channels.

You'd think DrWho would have had a more "Canadian" flavour wouldn't you?

Cybermen suseptible to maple syrup, polite Daleks that sort of thing.

Well Captain Jack always gets his man, especially with the Doctor's time travelling help.