The Fattest Man In Britain plot, a copy!

The Fattest Man In Britain has a very similar plot to the independent film Tomorrow's Promise which was released 6 months ago!

Tomorrow's Promise tells the tale of an unlikely friendship between Jack Clapton and Connor Rogers. Jack is an old war veteran who is seeing out his last few weeks in a hospice, reflecting on an eventful life. Connor is a troublesome teenager who is assigned on community service to him and even though they are opposites they become friends.

Coincidence? Watch Tomorrow's Promise on the website and tell me your thoughts!

Is this some sort of moronic windup?

Do you not agree on the similarities then?

Quote: sootyj @ December 24 2009, 3:29 PM GMT

Is this some sort of moronic windup?

Please excuse Sootyj, Terry. It's the season of good will to all men.

Welcome to the site. Wave

Heeey Morrace, thanks for the kind welcome :)

I didn't see The Fattest Man In Britain, but I feel fairly safe saying that the programme would have been recorded at the point that this film was apparently being released.

Quote: Morrace @ December 24 2009, 3:36 PM GMT

Please excuse Sootyj, Terry. It's the season of good will to all men.

Welcome to the site. Wave

Kiss arse More Arse.

Looks like just me then lol

I didn't bother watching it. Was it any good? I get put off by ITV shows. Usually quite cheap and tacky, made for bored housewives, spotty chav 14 year old mums and blokes who pick their arses while eating crisps and pies.

What's wrong with pies?

Mr Icer The Fattest Man in Britain was the best piece of comedy broadcast this year and as you know the plot was fairly generic so any similarities it bares to some obscure film are totally irrelevant.

Quote: David Carmon @ December 27 2009, 6:21 AM GMT

I get put off by ITV shows. Usually quite cheap and tacky, made for bored housewives, spotty chav 14 year old mums and blokes who pick their arses while eating crisps and pies.

:D

Quote: Marc P @ December 27 2009, 9:48 AM GMT

What's wrong with pies?

Nothing at all when eaten in moderation. But sat in front of Jeremy Kyle, Corrie and The Bill every night stuffing them down is a bit of a trampy thing to do while at the same time picking your nose and wipin it on the remote.

Quote: David Carmon @ December 27 2009, 6:45 PM GMT

Nothing at all when eaten in moderation. But sat in front of Jeremy Kyle, Corrie and The Bill every night stuffing them down is a bit of a trampy thing to do while at the same time picking your nose and wipin it on the remote.

That's the wrong answer. I don't like pies. :(

Quote: Terry's-icer @ December 24 2009, 3:24 PM GMT

The Fattest Man In Britain has a very similar plot to the independent film Tomorrow's Promise which was released 6 months ago - http://www.44onthecorner.com/tomorrow.html

Tomorrow's Promise tells the tale of an unlikely friendship between Jack Clapton and Connor Rogers. Jack is an old war veteran who is seeing out his last few weeks in a hospice, reflecting on an eventful life. Connor is a troublesome teenager who is assigned on community service to him and even though they are opposites they become friends.

Coincidence? Watch Tomorrow's Promise on the website and tell me your thoughts!

Terry, you could be right. Or you could be a c**t who's pimping their film by proxy using a made up connection with a mainstream TV film.

I suggest you put the link in the critique section or buy a sandwich board, you parasite.