Which comedy shows don't you like, and why? Page 5

HIGNFY, Mock The Week, Miranda, Ab Fab, Blackadder, My Family.

Could I go on? Yes, but I won't, I'm too busy.

This is going to be impossible to say without sounding like I'm taking the piss, but what comedies do you like Gavin? I should know after all this time but I can't remember.

Quote: zooo @ November 19 2009, 8:16 PM GMT

This is going to be impossible to say without sounding like I'm taking the piss, but what comedies do you like Gavin? I should know after all this time but I can't remember.

uhhh. Currently running ones:

Big Bang is good.
Lead Balloon is alright.
Family guy not so much any more
Curb not so much any more

Even your favourites have something negative. :D

Quote: Leevil @ November 19 2009, 8:20 PM GMT

Even your favourites have something negative. :D

Didn't say they were my favourites that's what I watch.

Ah yes, me like Big Bang and Lead Balloon too.
Isn't there one you love? Or are you just not in an enthusiastic mood today. :)

The Royle Family. I found the whole thing incredibly dull, mawkish and devoid of humour.

The Mighty Boosh has a couple of amusing moments, but on the whole it seems to be trying too hard.

Quote: Gavin @ November 19 2009, 8:21 PM GMT

Didn't say they were my favourites that's what I watch.

Well, out of things on at the moment. They're the best of the bunch, presumably?

Quote: zooo @ November 19 2009, 8:21 PM GMT

Ah yes, me like Big Bang and Lead Balloon too.
Isn't there one you love? Or are you just not in an enthusiatic mood today. :)

No. Not that I can think of. Nothing that I think oooo got to remember that's on. Used to be family guy about 3 years back but not really that bothered with it since the writers decided not to bother trying anymore.

Quote: Leevil @ November 19 2009, 8:22 PM GMT

Well, out of things on at the moment. They're the best of the bunch, presumably?

They are what I can get to the end of the episodes, without turning it off. LOL! except Family guy for the last 3 weeks which I've turned off after 10 mins.

I'm looking forward to Misfits tonight, but at the moment I don't think there's anything I'm really anticipating lately.

Even though it's probably a case of nostalgia, I do miss the Friday night comedy line-ups on BBC 2 and Channel 4. We were spoiled for choice!

Quote: Leevil @ November 19 2009, 8:25 PM GMT

I'm looking forward to Misfits

Is that the UK Heroes?

Quote: Gavin @ November 19 2009, 8:24 PM GMT

No. Not that I can think of. Nothing that I think oooo got to remember that's on. Used to be family guy about 3 years back but not really that bothered with it since the writers decided not to bother trying anymore.

They are what I can get to the end of the episodes, without turning it off. LOL! except Family guy for the last 3 weeks which I've turned off after 10 mins.

I hated Family Guy and only started watching it, and catching up in the last two years or so. Which was great, because I got to see all the best bits at once and didn't have to wait between seasons. But now, I gotta say I'm not that enthusiastic about it anymore. Oh, well. What's next: The Cleveland Show?! Errr

Quote: Leevil @ November 19 2009, 8:27 PM GMT

I hated Family Guy and only started watching it, and catching up in the last two years or so. Which was great, because I got to see all the best bits at once and didn't have to wait between seasons. But now, I gotta say I'm not that enthusiastic about it anymore. Oh, well. What's next: The Cleveland Show?! Errr

Well he's got commissioned for another series of Cleveland, and Family guy. So they'll be on TV for a lonnnnng time.

What's Lead Balloons? Should I be watching this? I'm guessing its UK right?
P.S. Big Bang is awesome. I'm also liking; Modern Family, Cogartown and 30 Rock these days.

Quote: Curt @ November 19 2009, 8:30 PM GMT

What's Lead Balloons? Should I be watching this? I'm guessing its UK right?
P.S. Big Bang is awesome. I'm also liking; Modern Family, Cogartown and 30 Rock these days.

Lead Balloon is British Curb, with comedian Jack Dee instead of Larry David. Quite good.