Which comedy shows don't you like, and why? Page 4

Quote: Gavin @ November 19 2009, 7:10 PM GMT

Boring. I find myself flicking the channels whilst waiting for the funny bits. Then smiling when they arrive, and flick away again when that guy with the long face comes on.

Your reflection - :( :D

I absolutely love it, and think you're crazy. But respect your opinion. Pleased

Not my reflection I have a round head. Whats his name..Hans? lemme look...super hans. That's him. Can't bear the character.

LOL! Thought of some more.

Little Britain
Any thing on BBC Three.

BBC Three isn't great but has some hidden gems, like Catterick and 15 Story's High. But yeah, most of the stuff aimed at a certain "demographic" is shit.

Inbetweeners.

Get out! :O

:P

Lol! seriously? It's like British 'American Pie' every week. Series one was fine but bit much now.

I've never thought about that comparison. But, still it's flippin' funny and the characters are very likable, even though they can be dicks.

Quote: Leevil @ November 19 2009, 7:29 PM GMT

I've never thought about that comparison. But, still it's flippin' funny and the characters are very likable, even though they can be dicks.

Meh. If someone came on screen and stabbed each of them in the eye in turn I'd probably flick over half way through to see if anything better was on. Like a re-run of Top Gear I've seen 5 times before. lol

Quote: Gavin @ November 19 2009, 7:27 PM GMT

Lol! seriously? It's like British 'American Pie' every week. Series one was fine but bit much now.

Gah I thought about checking this out, but that put me right off . . .

Quote: chipolata @ November 19 2009, 5:40 PM GMT

I can understand why people don't like it, with it's constant referencing of other sources (Edgar Wright shares that annoying trait with Quentin Tarantino), but at it's heart you have good scripts performed by some of the most talented comic actors of their generation. IMO.

For me, Spaced is one of the greatest sitcoms ever made. People who don't like it are weird.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 19 2009, 7:41 PM GMT

For me, Spaced is one of the greatest sitcoms ever made. People who don't like it are weird.

I'm the same way, I don't understand people who like Spaced. Unless you were born before 1970 then I question your taste in comedy. :P

French and Saunders is one for me. I never cared for that show. I've liked their own individual shows though. I don't hate it either, I just never really found it all that funny. Probably because I was too young to understand it when it was fresh and it's outdated now that I'm older.

Aaron knows that my hatred for "Two Pints and a Packet of Crisps' knows no bounds. Why? It sounds like I'm listening to a bunch of unfunny people trying to be funny sitting next to me on the bus or bar. I find a lot of French Canadians are like this they throw in a lot of sex jokes thinking its 'edgy' humour but it comes off as flat and unoriginal.

I think the worst American sitcom to come about in years is probably Kelsy Grammer's show 'Back To You'. Thank God its canceled I think I would have lost faith in humanity if it would have become a hit. Rehashed lines from better comedy shows never works. And the characters were terrible with an over the top laugh track that laughed at stuff that didn't even resemble a joke.

I don't particularly like Super Hans either.
He is the Kramer of the show.
(Who I also don't like.)
(Obviously.)

I think he's there to make Jez look better.

I don't think I"d like to know a Super Hans in real life, but like the character in the show.

French and Saunders is one for me. - Agreed

"Two Pints and a Packet of Crisps' -Agreed.

Mock the Week- How does the scoring work? I don't get it, it's f**king stupid.

To Add becuase our US friends aren't without sin.

Friends - never laughed at a single episode. Ever.

Will and Grace - See above.

The US Office - I don't get it. Not enough like the original, not enough different just meh.

King of The Hill - Wtf? this is comedy? really? did I blink and miss it?

Malcolm in the Middle - Loud, stupid didn't like any of the characters.

I'll say Mock the Week too. I liked it for a bit, then realised how awful and shouty and just "shut the f**k up!" it is.