Ugly Betty...? Page 2

I found it very easy to watch too. Not the most fantastic thing in the world but then not the worst either. I'll watch again and think that it has promise as long as it doesn't get too mawkish.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ January 6, 2007, 11:07 AM

It's on ABC in America.

Anyway, i didn't catch all of it but i found it quite funny and interesting. I don't Ashley Jensen has such a big part as people make her out to have.

I'm not being harsh but America doesn't know what comedy is. Look at Friends. Anyway the abc in america is more popular in the US than here. wonder why. We have better taste.

it was good, i got into it easily and it made me laugh a few times, it is promising

Quote: Supermassivwhitemole @ January 6, 2007, 3:49 PM

I'm not being harsh but America doesn't know what comedy is. Look at Friends. Anyway the abc in america is more popular in the US than here. wonder why. We have better taste.

Don't be silly. Seinfeld, Arrested Development, Frasier, Cheers, Scrubs, Curb Your Enthusiasm, to name but a few. Not bad for a nation that 'doesn't know what comedy is.;

Quote: Supermassivwhitemole @ January 6, 2007, 3:49 PM

Anyway the abc in america is more popular in the US than here. wonder why. We have better taste.

And perhaps that abc1 is not very well known, since it's not quite as widely available would have something to do with it.

I only watch abc1 for Scrubs, and occasionally Home Improvement

I think this show is great--had already aired around 11 episodes here in the United States.

It wasn't really a sitcom. It didn't make me laugh. However, i did find it enjoyable the same way i would a drama series. So i'll probably keep watching. Oh well, yet another American 'hit' that didn't make me laugh, no one to join the three that have.

Quote: Karl @ January 6, 2007, 5:22 PM

Don't be silly. Seinfeld, Arrested Development, Frasier, Cheers, Scrubs, Curb Your Enthusiasm, to name but a few. Not bad for a nation that 'doesn't know what comedy is.;

Couldn't have put a better selection of programmes myself. German comedy trounces all of that.

Can't beat NZ TV though. GB comedy isn't far off quality wise.

Ha...erm...ha.

From that list only Scrubs is actually good, the rest are viciously overrated for their really bad and predictable jokes.

We've discussed Scrubs being the only good thing on abc1 elsewhere if I remember (this is abc1 in the UK of course - the scheduling on abc1 in the USA is totally different - in fact Scrubs is an NBC show).

Talking of Scrubs: there's a good video preview of their ambitious musical episode here

As for Ugly Betty I quite enjoyed it - bit predictable though.

ooh-its on channel 4 again now, and its great so far

Enjoyed Ugly Betty as a Drama. Would not realy call it a Sitcom.
Will be tuning in again next week, as long as it doesn't clash with Desperate Housewives. :D

Agree with you Charley, plenty of Sit not much Com but enjoyable

Barry