Famous people you have met... Page 9

Quote: Tuumble @ October 26 2009, 3:30 PM BST

I had a direct message from Holly Johnson of Frankie goes to Hollywood on Twitter yesterday. Does that count?

Thought not. :(

:O
No f**king way. Jealousy mode activated.

Quote: Gavin @ October 26 2009, 4:38 PM BST

Yeah definitely. Plus being humble is over rated. :D

Hahahah. I'll tell you some celeb stories then shall I.....? ;)

Quote: Dkmj @ October 26 2009, 4:39 PM BST

Ahhh Cheryl, I remember kissing the TV when Cheryl was on, when I opened my eyes it was Bosley the cumbersome go between of the Angels and Charlie.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Dkmj @ October 26 2009, 4:39 PM BST

Ahhh Cheryl, I remember kissing the TV when Cheryl was on, when I opened my eyes it was Bosley the cumbersome go between of the Angels and Charlie.

Did you know that the character of Bosley (from Charlie's Angels) was actually named after the actor Tom Bosley? The producers originally wanted him for the part, couldn't get him, so decided to use his name as an in-joke.

I used to have piano lessons from the man who wrote the music for South Africa's leading long running soap opera. :)

Quote: Lee Henman @ October 26 2009, 4:43 PM BST

I thought that would be a popular one with men of a certain age.
I met her while sitting down at a computer fair in Las Vegas and her flunky said I was in her seat but she turned up and told him not to be so silly and pulled up another chair. I think she said she was doing some promotional work for some big computer company like IBM.
Very charming lady and had a lot of old school glamour about her that you are unlikely to get from Jordan or someone of her ilk.

Quote: youngian @ October 26 2009, 4:57 PM BST

Very charming lady and had a lot of old school glamour about her that you are unlikely to get from Jordan or someone of her ilk.

Laughing out loud

Err.... yes.

My uncle's boss used to own Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and I've sat in it and honked the horn.

I win, close the thread.

Quote: Loopey @ October 26 2009, 4:43 PM BST

Hahahah. I'll tell you some celeb stories then shall I.....? ;)

uhhh I think I left my roast on be right back.

*Zip lines out the window*

Quote: Gavin @ October 26 2009, 5:05 PM BST

uhhh I think I left my roast on be right back.

*Zip lines out the window*

So, one day, Susannah Constantine comes over to my table and says...
Gav? Cooee, where are you? Come back, I was lying, I never met any of them. Huh? :S Teary

Quote: Loopey @ October 26 2009, 5:09 PM BST

So, one day, Susannah Constantine comes over to my table and says...
Gav? Cooee, where are you? Come back, I was lying, I never met any of them. Huh? :S Teary

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ October 26 2009, 1:59 PM BST

Are you ? at David Tennant or are you ? at *facepalm* ?

If it's the latter then....

Ah, it was indeed! Thank you.

I elbowed Lulu in the face while she was talking to Elton John's fella once.

She wasn't that pleased.

And I knocked Micheal Aspel into the road on Esher High Street when he came charging round the corner and ran into a mountain ( me)

I also used to say Hi to Jimmy White a lot cos he drank in our local and of course Sir Cliff - our company used to rent office space off him. Cliff Richard Management was above us and he used to visit and say hi!

I recently shook hands with David Schneider. Suggs was also the recipient of my hand once. I don't think I've ever met anyone A-list.

I had dinner with Ben Nighthorse Campbell,a cocktail with James Cameron, drank a wee too much (more than once) with Adam Beach and the most important experience I have ever had with someone who is so called famous is I went with Lorne Cardinal to visit Leonard Peltier in prison.

I am rather sure none of you know most of these beautiful people, but in my world they are considered famous.