Famous people you have met... Page 40

Famous people are continually pestering me, wanting to talk to me, buy me drinks, touch my hair to see if it's real - it gets pretty boring, I can tell you!

Was interviewed by former England fast bowler Devon Malcolm at the T20 cricket finals in Birmingham. I was dressed as a surgeon and interviewed for the Edgbaston Big Screen. I was big I tell you. Seemed like a nice guy. (see Status Report also :) )

Quote: Marc P @ 24th August 2014, 3:06 PM BST

Met a few. Mostly jolly nice people. Favourite famous funny guy I worked with - Richard Griffiths.

Have a very tenuous link with Richard Griffiths. When we moved to Hemel Hempstead in the late 80s, we were looking to buy a business and nearly bought the Penny Farthing restaurant in Old Hemel which was used as the restaurant in Pie in the Sky. Cool

By the way - "Jolly nice people" - are you turning into your avatar? :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th August 2014, 7:21 PM BST

Have a very tenuous link with Richard Griffiths. When we moved to Hemel Hempstead in the late 80s, we were looking to buy a business and nearly bought the Penny Farthing restaurant in Old Hemel which was used as the restaurant in Pie in the Sky. Cool

Were you at one time working in Savile Row?

You might have known my neighbour, Rex.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 24th August 2014, 7:24 PM BST

Were you at one time working in Savile Row?

You might have known my neighbour, Rex.

Que? Er, sadly no - I ain't/weren't that posh. If you wondered because of my knowing Geno Washington and "doing" his suits - that was for a chain of London tailors that had branches on just about every USAF base in the UK. Cool

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th August 2014, 7:33 PM BST

Que? Er, sadly no - I ain't/weren't that posh. If you wondered because of my knowing Geno Washington and "doing" his suits - that was for a chain of London tailors that had branches on just about every USAF base in the UK. Cool

That was why I asked, yes. Rex isn't posh even though he did many of the stars. His water is being cut off tonight just like the rest of us.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 24th August 2014, 7:43 PM BST

That was why I asked, yes. Rex isn't posh even though he did many of the stars. His water is being cut off tonight just like the rest of us.

Ay?????????

Just turned me tap on..........got me worried there for a mo. :O

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th August 2014, 7:21 PM BST

Yes. Though which came first is fearfully hard to calculate.