Famous people you have met... Page 13

Quote: youngian @ October 27 2009, 11:46 AM BST

No that's the best list so far. Natalie Merchant and Chris Rock especially deserve bonus points.
Where did you meet Liberance? I once did course in libel law and there was a landmark case involved him suing the Daily Mirror in the 1950s for saying in a review that he was "pansy like." He won and the paper had to pay him damages for hinting he was gay.

I met Liberace when I was a kid. My family lived on a main road and I was waiting for my school bus when this large stretch limo pulled up to my driveway. The window went down and the driver asked me where the thruway (our state highway system) exit was. I told him how to get there and then the back window went down and there was the man himself. He said, "thank you darling. Have a good day at school." I saw his very glittery sunglasses and then they drove away. :D

Quote: youngian @ October 27 2009, 11:46 AM BST

No that's the best list so far.

Always the bridesmaid Teary

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 27 2009, 2:30 PM BST

I met Liberace when I was a kid. My family lived on a main road and I was waiting for my school bus when this large stretch limo pulled up to my driveway. The window went down and the driver asked me where the thruway (our state highway system) exit was. I told him how to get there and then the back window went down and there was the man himself. He said, "thank you darling. Have a good day at school." I saw his very glittery sunglasses and then they drove away. :D

Did you know who he was?

Quote: Loopey @ October 27 2009, 3:54 PM BST

I have met no one famous so that makes me the usher, Loops. :)

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 27 2009, 2:30 PM BST

Ha! That's awesome!

Quote: SlagA @ October 27 2009, 4:00 PM BST

I have met no one famous so that makes me the usher, Loops. :)

Laughing out loud

Quote: Loopey @ October 27 2009, 3:54 PM BST

Did you know who he was?

Yes, my gran was a huge fan. :)

I met Simon Amstell about 3 weeks ago. I saw him live then got to meet him afterwards. I love that man!!!!
If anyone else has ever met a comedian please reply to this comment with your story. Or a member of Paramore :D Wave

(edited by zooo)

Hi Katie, welcome to the site. Please use capitals in your posts. :)

I've met a number of comedians from going to smaller gigs. Lee Mack, Stephen Merchant, Will Smith and Stephen K Amos to mention a few.

What is it with this sudden influx of new members that don't appear to have a shift key?

Maybe they're all using the same keyboard ? :O

You just might be right!

Quote: Moonstone @ October 28 2009, 10:52 PM BST

What is it with this sudden influx of new members that don't appear to have a shift key?

What's sad is that some of them are obviously so young that they think a request to present your writing in traditional syntax is somehow shockingly controversial. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 28 2009, 11:11 PM BST

What's sad is that some of them are obviously so young that they think a request to present your writing in traditional syntax is somehow shockingly controversial. :(

Or to spell words without using numbers! These things must be creeping into schoolwork and even exams, surely. Roscoff will know.

Bring back compulsory National Service! (Always a safe thing to demand when you're into your 30s.)

Quote: katie coe @ October 28 2009, 10:45 PM BST

i met simon amstell about 3 weeks ago. I saw him live then got to meet him afterwards.i love that man!!!!
if anyone else has ever met a comedian please reply to this comment with your story. or a member of paramore :D Wave

As you may have noticed from the previous posts, please remember to use correct punctuation on the board, thanks! :)