Famous people you have met... Page 7

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 25 2009, 10:06 PM BST

I spoke to someone who met Chris Barrie once.

Laughing out loud very good.

Quote: James Cotter @ October 25 2009, 10:11 PM BST

Laughing out loud very good.

...he said through gritted teeth.

I'm just jealous
:D

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 25 2009, 10:11 PM BST

...he said through gritted teeth.

Laughing out loud

Indulge me, pray.

Many years ago, 27/28ish, I worked for the Sandwell Evening Mail, an offshoot of the Birmingham Evening Mail, as an Ad Rep.

One of their biggest promo events was an annual bash in West Bromwich High Street featuring a big name to open it.

My job this particular year was to collect the MD's brand new Rover 3500, go to the Thistle Hotel in Birmingham, collect Les Dawson and drive him back to West Brom.

I arrived at the hotel well ahead of time, parked the car right outside the main entrance and waited.

After a few minutes the lift doors opened and there he was ! Camel hair overcoat draped over shoulders and with his entourage.

I said hello and that I was his driver for this morning to which he replied that there had been some mistake as he was due in London later that day.

He and entourage swept past leaving me to drive the car down the High Street with no-one in but me to explain to the organisers what had happened !

Uncomfortable at the time but, looking back, at least I got to speak to Les Dawson !

:P

Nice one!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 25 2009, 10:12 PM BST

I'm just jealous
:D

I wrote some stand up for Chris Barrie once when he was on a tour with Norman Lovett. That was fun.

I've met all the League of Gentlemen a few times.

Jeremy - just the once, I ran to get a photo taken with him and interrupted him talking to someone. When I got the pictures back I saw I had interrupted him talking to David Tennant! *facepalm* Jeremy was very shy but sweet. Quite short too.

Steve - Twice. Lovely bloke, very friendly. Easily my favourite. Gives great hugs!

Mark - Three times. Lovely the first time, bit grumpy the other two times. He gave me his cold too which was nice.

Reece - Four times. Aww, he's very tiny and sweet. He seemed very bemused but that's probably because I was babbling insanely at him. Smells nice.

Eric Polloard from Emmerdale lives near me so I've seen him out and about. Spoke to him once and he was very friendly.

Saw David Walliams leaving the LOG film preview... he was very grumpy no one wanted a photo with him because we were all waiting for the gents.

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ October 26 2009, 11:50 AM BST

David Tennant! *facepalm*

?

Quote: Moonstone @ October 26 2009, 1:17 PM BST

?

Are you ? at David Tennant or are you ? at *facepalm* ?

If it's the latter then....

Had a piss stood next to David Seaman.
Shook his hand after urinating (and washing hands)
He had enourmous hands.

My God theres some material in that one eh ?

Quote: Dkmj @ October 26 2009, 3:11 PM BST

Had a piss stood next to David Seaman.
Shook his hand after urinating (and washing hands)
He had enourmous hands.

My God theres some material in that one eh ?

Were you trying to peek over his enormous hands in order to get a shufty at his cock?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ October 26 2009, 3:14 PM BST

Were you trying to peek over his enormous hands in order to get a shufty at his cock?

I've always been more interested in the way he handles balls!

I had a direct message from Holly Johnson of Frankie goes to Hollywood on Twitter yesterday. Does that count?

Thought not. :(

Natalie Portman once asked me for directions on Fleet Street in London.

She's incredibly beautiful but I was amazed at how small she is, unfortunately she declined my offer to allow her to have her picture taken with me but she was extremely pleasant and down to earth.