Peep Show - Series 6 Page 21

Quote: johnny smith @ September 22 2009, 5:41 PM BST

You ony have to watch any episode of Family Guy on BBC Three in the UK to pick up the term 'Douche-bag'.

Does that strike you as something that he might watch?

touche!

Quote: Aaron @ September 22 2009, 5:44 PM BST

On a related note, Mr Mitchell gets a lot of stereotyping from other people, doesn't he? On "Would I Lie To You?" it was particularly noticeable, but I've heard it elsewhere, too. People assume he's some sort of starched uber-killjoy.

Like me. Pleased

Quote: Aaron @ September 22 2009, 5:53 PM BST

Like me. Pleased

OK, I shall like you.

Quote: Aaron @ September 22 2009, 5:44 PM BST

Probably not, but Jez would definitely watch it, and since Mark lives with Jez...well. The fact is, Mark is likely to be much more immersed in pop culture than you would expect as a result of living with Jeremy, and I find it completely plausible he would have picked up that term.

Quote: zooo @ September 22 2009, 12:15 PM BST

How did I completely miss this line???

It was brilliant. Men with Ven. :)

I thought the 'Douche-bag' insult worked...it was Mark trying to be edgy and insulting but getting it totally wrong, as per usual.
Also I feel he wanted to say much worse but was constrained by his uptightness, thus resorting to the next best thing he knew...'Douche-bag' Don't forget it was in front of Johnson who he had a man-crush on, and a superior that he cannot help respect and admire! I think it worked really well on a few levels.

'Men with Ven' was brilliant. You're right.

''Please don't call it 'the creamy elephant'. I think I'm gonna be sick.'' Laughing out loud

The second episode sounds promising.

This sounds very promising, as well

I was looking a cataclysm in the face: that Peep Show might have "gone off". We've all got to stop being funny some time. Maybe this was their time. Maybe it was all. Over. Or - maybe it was just a bad opening episode? So I rang people. I blagged. I cried. I sent a courier that cost £38. I got episode 2 sent over, and sat down to watch it in a state of pre-emptive tension rivalled only by the day before my C-section. And oh, thank God - episode 2 is one of the best episodes yet.

Caitlin Moran, The Times, 19th September 2009

Laughing out loud

Fabulous.

Funniest episode yet. Loved it.

Unbelieveably good tonight. Laughed all the way through. Great, great writing.

It was very weird seeing someone I know in it. Made it strange viewing, but liked angry Mark.

Yeah it was brilliant. For me the highlight was Jez's poem.

Shove that up your bollocks. :)

Is your friend really Russian or was she doing an accent?