Peep Show - Series 6 Page 20

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 22 2009, 12:12 AM BST

Yep, but Jez never got past the interview - he faked facial spasms and then tried to get the interview interested in "pyramid selling". Series 1, Episode 2.

Yeah - my point is, would Mark try to get him a job again after that fiasco? And would Jez be up for it? And would Johnson/JLB allow it?

Quote: Badge @ September 22 2009, 12:16 AM BST

Yeah - my point is, would Mark try to get him a job again after that fiasco? And would Jez be up for it? And would Johnson/JLB allow it?

I think perhaps at this stage in his life, Jez has pretty much given up the unrealistically high aspirations he had when the series first started and will take mostly any job for cash. The women (Barbara) who interviewed Jez in series 1 was never really seen again and this episode was before Johnson first arrived at JLB.

Mark only wanted Jez at JLB the first time around so that a) he'd pay some rent and b) he could lord it over him - so why not take a second punt at his dreams of controlling Jeremy?

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 22 2009, 12:22 AM BST

I think perhaps at this stage in his life, Jez has pretty much given up the unrealistically high aspirations he had when the series first started and will take mostly any job for cash. The women (Barbara) who interviewed Jez in series 1 was never really seen again and this episode was before Johnson first arrived at JLB.

Mark only wanted Jez at JLB the first time around so that a) he'd pay some rent and b) he could lord it over him - so why not take a second punt at his dreams of controlling Jeremy?

Right. Worth asking, though, wasn't it?

Quote: Badge @ September 22 2009, 12:27 AM BST

Right. Worth asking, though, wasn't it?

Yeah, course... :) ;)

Hi Badge! Wave

Wave

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 21 2009, 4:42 PM BST

It was watched by 1.8 million people (9.2%)

But it wasn't really though, was it. Stupid system and so wildly inaccurate. What is it, one person with a BARB box counts for 5000 unknowns in his demographic? So 4 of those 5 thousand could in actuality have been watching a completely different programme, which stats will go completely unnoticed and the wrong channel will be credited with all 5K viewers.

They say it's the best system they have but frankly I think the figures it gives are utterly meaningless and very likely unfair on a huge number of shows.

Anyway, great to see PS back. I thought it was an ace episode though much of the time I was laughing just because of the joy I felt at it being back on. Men with ven was ace, and Mark being castigated by Hans for f**king the order up was classic.

Quote: Moonstone @ September 22 2009, 12:12 PM BST

Men with ven was ace

How did I completely miss this line???

Quote: zooo @ September 22 2009, 12:15 PM BST

It would have been difficult to miss, because the groundwork to it was so carefully laid.

I liked the bit with Mark's bad cartoon, and him trying to believe that people would get it. I bet the writers put a bit of their own experience in there.

Maybe cos it was on right at the beginning and your excitement juices were still flowing at this point so your concentration wasn't so good? Maybe?

That could be it. My juices.

:) It's always the juices...

Because it wasn't said with the greatest elocution (I don't know if that is correct usage of the word...). I thought I'd mis-heard it.

Well, I heard it alright. And I'm partially deaf.

You lot should bloody well pay attention!

I thought the delivery of that line was fine.

Also, I think it's plain that Mark's use of the word douchebag was intended to be out of character and ridiculous. It was just him trying to impress Dobbie and doing it rather unconvincingly.

You ony have to watch any episode of Family Guy on BBC Three in the UK to pick up the term 'Douche-bag'.