BSG AWARDS Page 3

Oh, I shouldn't have eat it then Sick

The pony poop or Butlins cafe food?

I am aware it's a tough call.

So there is a difference?

Only the fact that less people complained about the poop.

Quote: Mark @ September 10, 2007, 4:54 PM

I'm one of these people who looks at the stupid clearly-for-publicity-only polls re-published in newspapers and want to go and spit on the company that wasted their time researching some inane trivia.

e.g. "Puppy dogs whose owners are left handed prefer cheese sandwiches rather than acid baths... according to a new survey conducted by Pedigree dog food".

So I'm a bit reluctant to go chasing news stories all the time. But, yes, we'll no doubt be having a few polls from time to time.

Hmmm... I don't think those suggestions were quite as inane as that but you either want publicity or you don't. There is no reason why this site shouldn't be at the forefront of comedy opinion and with all the work that has been put into, it should be rewarded with such exposure that might be gained from relevant polls every 2 or 4 months.

Have polls not reached saturation point yet? It must be soon...

Quote: Frankie Rage @ September 10, 2007, 7:07 PM

Have polls not reached saturation point yet? It must be soon...

Have polls reached their saturation point yet?
Vote Yes or No :)

:P

I mean isn't having a poll a bit 'me too' everybody has a poll and so it becomes 'so what?' I mean have a poll by all means but as there are lots of polls all with the same shows in the Top 10, it's a bit like a newspaper having a horoscope section..

Quote: ContainsNuts @ September 10, 2007, 5:51 PM

Hmmm... I don't think those suggestions were quite as inane as that but you either want publicity or you don't. There is no reason why this site shouldn't be at the forefront of comedy opinion and with all the work that has been put into, it should be rewarded with such exposure that might be gained from relevant polls every 2 or 4 months.

The trouble is, there's only so many of those kinds of polls that can be run. I mean, they were probably mostly listed earlier on in the thread. There will almost certainly be a time when we will be running one-off kind of things like that, but to do it regularly and so trvially will reduce the impact that they have.

Anyway, rest assured, Mark and I have other publicity plans up our proverbial sleeves. :)

OK - I never saw your original awards - before my time! - so it appears this is redundant really.

I haven't (as usual) read the whole thread.

Best sketch of the year from the Writing forums???
BCG Amateur Comedy Writer of the Year (person with most points from the weekly competitions -- at least that is voted on already so it's genuinely the readers' award)

Just a thought

Dan

Possible, possible. I doubt that, at this stage at least, we'd want to do those kind of 'internal' things along with the main awards, but it's definitely one of the kinds of things we'll be working on. :)

Quote: swerytd @ September 11, 2007, 10:01 AM

Best sketch of the year from the Writing forums???
BCG Amateur Comedy Writer of the Year (person with most points from the weekly competitions -- at least that is voted on already so it's genuinely the readers' award)

Do people want this?

I can see it becoming a back-stabbing nightmare and complaints all round about how the points system "isn't fair"!?!

I know I mentioned it but it seems the kind of thing Kent Pete was objecting to on the dark side.

Quote: Mark @ September 11, 2007, 10:19 AM

Do people want this?

I can see it becoming a back-stabbing nightmare and complaints all round about how the points system "isn't fair"!?!

;)