What Have You Done Lately? Page 5

I'm rewriting my CBBC effort which I hope to send somewhere and I'm also thinking of things for RFTP.

Quote: jdubya @ September 8 2009, 11:08 PM BST

You must be good at getting your ideas down on one pagers marc, have you always been good at it or was it learned?

Any handy hints?

Err not sure but my first agent did tell me I was quite good at the one or two pagers early on and I was a but surprised to hear it, assuming that's what people did and she said a lot of people weren't very good at it. I tend to think in terms of acts I suppose and structure them that way, with a hooky type sentence to kick them off. You have to write a two page story pitch for DOCTORS to get the idea accepted before you are commissioned so you have to get good at it I suppose. Must have done fifty or so of those by now.

..... Meanwhile I have to write a novel by Christmas and have only just this morning worked out an idea - I don't like to rush into these work based things. So I guess I better start working on that next week as like Lee I am pretty bloody skint as well and no one wants me to write captions for cards!

I have two sitcom drafts that I'm chewing through, outlining another and developing characters for a feature idea I have. So not much 'on the page' writing but it all counts! :S

Bit of stand up, the odd sketch, pre-prod on a sketch show and a couple of sitcom pilots. No major bites as yet. Getting older by the day. So hungry.

... also just heard back from a producer about a rockumentary pitch - could be a goer. Party on!

Not much really. I sit in my office lowering at all who enter my domain. My fierce bushy eyebrows radiating "Why aren't you exiting comedy producers? Who do you think you are not to be lavishing with contracts and money?"

I'm half arsedly writing for News Revue and half arsedly writing for RFTP. So none of my projects is getting more than a quater of my arse (which is still alot of arse).

I do have another project I await to hear about...

That and I'm starting a screenwriting course at Birckbeck, take that cinema I'm a comin'!

Standup stuff's taking over, hoping to get stuff written for the Screenwriters' Festival though.

Did anyone watch Chips' episode of Doctors?

I attempted the Sitcom Trials for the first time this year by adjusting something I already had to suit it so I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out. I'm seeing if I can come up with some stuff for RFTP because I came very close to getting something on last time. Errm I sent off my first sitcom attempt to prod cos a while ago so I expect to be hearing back soonish now on that and I'm putting the finished touches to another sitcom at the minute. I'm always writing sketches and looking at the possibility of filming a couple of them over the next few weeks. Oh, and I really want to give stand up a try but I don't really have time at the minute so watch this space.

That's me :)

- Writing a short comedy script with a friend.

- Writing the first draft of a short comedy script to eventually work on with a friend.

- Just had an idea for a sitcom which I'm working on too.

Quote: Stan Doubt @ September 9 2009, 12:11 PM BST

I didn't.

:)

I've got a bit on the go.

I've done my re-write of my sitcom and waiting to hear back from the producer but she's only just back from the festival so can't push too hard on that one.

Still working on my book, but due to the book market and the fact I have a penis might not get sold - so thinking about self publishing.

Beening talking to the PR company about media interviews to promote the TV show - but trying to twist it so I get some monies for things.

Waiting for news from TV production company about follow up TV show about a fat man trying to run a mathathon!

Thinking I should also work on a historical children's book idea that I have been starting and stopping for a good two years.

Also got a Rom Com idea floating around.

And an idea for a special machine that I can be in seven different places at once to make this all happen!

Working on a sitcom for over here. A friend of mine took a rough copy to a couple of producers in Hollywood while she's there visiting friends. She lived in LA for years and worked on 7 or 8 really successful shows while there.

Meanwhile I have to write a novel by Christmas and have only just this morning worked out an idea

Oi, Marc. If they want another novel and you haven't got an idea for one, move aside and let one of us fill the slot. :P lol

Can anyone can pitch for Doctors then? I thought you only got the gig through being discovered on WR or something.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ September 9 2009, 11:36 PM BST

Can anyone can pitch for Doctors then? I thought you only got the gig through being discovered on WR or something.

I just got in touch with one of the producers, chatted a few ideas over the phone with her and was then asked to submit. I suggest you give it a go.

*yawn* Finally, at gone 3am, have finished the last of a batch of 22 new sketches, that only now need to have one final polish and chisel to become submission-friendly material. Do that, have the weekend off as a reward, then get back to the new sitcom. God I'm tired.