What Have You Done Lately? Page 8

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 8 2009, 8:20 PM GMT

Me and BBC radio sketch show workshops. I don't know why. :(

Dolly, if it's getting you down, you should try firing off a few well timed e-mails, befriend a few producers and broadcast assistants (but not in an overbearing way) and become some kind of vaguely recognisable force.

Just pretend that you're an uncompromising centre forward - in my mind I'm Kevin Davies. You've got to put yourself about, throw your weight around, take a few hopeful punts, throw a few elbows, that sort of thing.

Quote: Splodge @ November 8 2009, 8:55 PM GMT

Dolly, if it's getting you down, you should try firing off a few well timed e-mails, befriend a few producers and broadcast assistants (but not in an overbearing way) and become some kind of vaguely recognisable force.

The weird thing is I am on good terms with at least one producer who has always liked my work, and done well with their shows (I had more sketches on Tilt than any else here and only submitted to a couple of episodes) and comps - just never got invited to these things and heard about them after. Not that they're a be and end all, I just always thought it odd!

Quote: don rushmore @ November 8 2009, 8:26 PM GMT

With your new avatar, you could probably find work as a Kim Cattrall lookalike.

She's even more ancient than me! Cheers. :(

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 8 2009, 9:03 PM GMT

The weird thing is I am on good terms with at least one producer who has always liked my work

Lean on him/her for tidbits, confuse them every so often with an ambiguously worded e-mail...

What have I done lately? well..

I had a very exciting shower this morning, the 'Radox' was all gone, I saw a new one of the window ledge but I was to lazy to reach it, so I used shampoo instead. I'm a bit crazy like that. I then made some toast (not in the shower, I'm not that crazy) I made it in the toaster. I then had a fag outside the front door on the porch, whilst my bread toasted. An old man walked past with a dog, they both looked as if they were ready to die, at one point the dog was just being dragged and the old boy didn't even notice. I said hello, but the dog didn't hear me. A woman got out of a car and said 'hello', I said hello back but she was talking on the phone to somebody else on her mobile.

I then came inside, closed the door, buttered the burnt toast and cried all day.

:)

Quote: Scottidog @ November 8 2009, 9:27 PM GMT

What have I done lately? well..

I had a very exciting shower this morning, the 'Radox' was all gone, I saw a new one of the window ledge but I was to lazy to reach it, so I used shampoo instead. I'm a bit crazy like that. I then made some toast (not in the shower, I'm not that crazy) I made it in the toaster. I then had a fag outside the front door on the porch, whilst my bread toasted. An old man walked past with a dog, they both looked as if they were ready to die, at one point the dog was just being dragged and the old boy didn't even notice. I said hello, but the dog didn't hear me. A woman got out of a car and said 'hello', I said hello back but she was talking on the phone to somebody else on her mobile.

I then came inside, closed the door, buttered the burnt toast and cried all day.

Ah, sundays!