Worst Only Fools episode. Page 3

Rodney starts seeing the daughter of a duke and is invited to the duke's house, and he mentions it to Del who shows up with Uncle Albert and Del proceeds to humiliate Rodney. Only time I actually hated Del I think

Is there anyone out there who likes the Royal Flush episode? I find it funny, and really like the bit in the opera - but this has been cut to bits in the DVD releases.

Quote: bigfella @ August 28 2009, 8:59 AM BST

I'm I the only one who doesn't actually know the names of any of the episodes of any sitcom that I watch?

I know very, very few. A handful of the OFAH specials are probably the only ones I do know without having to check.

Quote: peter gazzard @ August 28 2009, 9:17 AM BST

Only time I actually hated Del I think

Yes, I agree. The dinner scene is almost physically painful.

Hi there, the worst episode for me was the very early OFAH episode where Del and Rodney's dad comes back and tampers with the blood tests that splits the family.

Ah yes, interesting episode that. I don't mind it, but can certainly understand your POV. Jarrs a bit with the feeling of much of the series.

And welcome to the site, calinee. :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 28 2009, 9:06 PM BST

I know very, very few. A handful of the OFAH specials are probably the only ones I do know without having to check.

If you gave me a synopsis I could probably tell you the episode name but that is only for Only Fools and Horses and The Green Green Grass.

'Diamonds are for Heather' used to really irritate me. Bad, bad montage to 'Zoom'

I find that...

*Big Brother
*Christmas Crackers
*A Royal Flush
*The Frog's Legacy

....are the only episodes I don't like that much.

Quote: noddy @ August 14 2009, 3:42 PM BST

Is there a thread for this? Love them all apart from the second part of Miami Twice. I just did not like at all for some reason.

I think the problem with Miami Twice is that it relies on the two creakiest comedy plot cliches there are, a sure sign John Sullivan was running out of ideas.

Send your main characters on holiday to a foreign country - check
One of your characters encounters a 'double' - check

Not the worst by any means, but far from the best.

Well let's just say that Only Fools and Horses should have ended after they became millionaires. Sullivan has since gone onto ruin my memories of Only Fools and Horses with those terrible Christmas specials, which I refuse to watch, and he has also inflicted The Green Green Grass on me. For this, I cannot forgive and certainly ever forget.

Quote: Adam Blaize @ September 1 2009, 1:01 AM BST

Well let's just say that Only Fools and Horses should have ended after they became millionaires. Sullivan has since gone onto ruin my memories of Only Fools and Horses with those terrible Christmas specials, which I refuse to watch, and he has also inflicted The Green Green Grass on me. For this, I cannot forgive and certainly ever forget.

In fact, John Sullivan hasn't inflicted anything on you. If you chose to watch the 2001-2003 specials then you inflicted them upon yourself. And again, if you chose to watch The Green Green Grass then you can only blame yourself. John Sullivan didn't come around personally, tie you to a chair and force you to watch them did he?

For me, the styles of OFAH and TGGG are so different (not their perceived quality, just the style) that I don't really consider them linked. Ok, so he took a couple of characters. Beyond that, there's nothing really linking the two. They're different beasts. But then I've said this all before.

I can understand people who say The Green Green Grass isn't brilliant because... well, it isn't... but I love it. I completely agree with Aaron - it isn't anything to do with Only Fools and Horses bar two characters, a couple of references and a big rumour that David Jason might one day make a guest appearance.

The acting quality in the show could be much better as could some aspects of the script. Certain characters could be changed, given more depth but beyond that it's a perfectly good sitcom. It's got classic scenes such as the Driscoll Brothers machine gunning his front door down but beyond that it's 'just another sitcom'.

However, it's a sitcom that I've come to enjoy immensely.

The main problem with Green Green Grass for me is that it was done 10 to 15 years too late. Seemed a bit pointless when they decided to do it.

I never watched the specials, I refused. And I watched The Green Green Grass out of curiousity; never take a good character out of their natural environment. They usually only work because of the other characters that surround them.

Look at Joey for example.