The Green Green Grass axed! Page 4

Cost very little compared to My Family etc. Filmed in HD though - that might bump up costs. Personally I don't think it will return. BBC liked it when it was bringing in massive ratings but not now.

Wikipedia said series five in production. I love hopeful fans. They're are so gullible!

(WOW! SERIES FIVE IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!)

UPDATE: Oh, and it's changed again. Surprise, surprise.

It's no OFAH but I still find it enjoyable. Apparently there will be no XMAS special this year due to a 90minute pilot episode to another OFAH spin-off Rolling eyes

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/sex_drugs_rock_chips/

Personally, I didn't buy into it. I thought the set ups were lazy and the characters more or less the same as Vicar of Dibley caracutures.

But some people liked it. Who am I to say they should be hunted down?

Quote: Ed Parnell @ August 13 2009, 10:41 PM BST

But some people liked it. Who am I to say they should be hunted down?

:O

*Hides*

Quote: Will Brook @ August 13 2009, 1:38 PM BST

It's no OFAH but I still find it enjoyable. Apparently there will be no XMAS special this year due to a 90minute pilot episode to another OFAH spin-off Rolling eyes

Where did you find this out?

Quote: Robert D @ August 17 2009, 11:13 AM BST

Where did you find this out?

Everywhere. On this website. On many other websites. Just look up for my link.

This show should have been put out of its misery after the first series, it is painful watching Sue Holderness and John Challis having to churn out so much duff material. As for the supporting cast of country yokels they are like characters written by Vince Powell 35 years ago.
All this a decade after How do you Want me with Dylan Moran which attempted to make a decent rural sit-com that was not populated by simpletons going ooh-aar (and refreshingly played against the stereotype that the country is always a pleasant friendly place to live as it isn't).

Quote: Aaron @ August 17 2009, 2:15 PM BST

Everywhere. On this website. On many other websites. Just look up for my link.

Yeah, but there is no "The Green Green Grass was dropped to make way for the prequel" confirmation though. :( Just rumours again.

Ah I seee. Ok, fair enough asking on that point then, I misunderstood, sorry!

FWIW though, I think it's pure conjecture. Despite the rumours of its cancellation, the show is currently enjoying Sunday-primetime repeats. Ok, not the best slot, but it's hardly the sign of a programme whose channel no longer has any faith in it. There could still quite easily be a Christmas special.

Quote: Aaron @ August 17 2009, 2:44 PM BST

Ah I seee. Ok, fair enough asking on that point then, I misunderstood, sorry!

FWIW though, I think it's pure conjecture. Despite the rumours of its cancellation, the show is currently enjoying Sunday-primetime repeats. Ok, not the best slot, but it's hardly the sign of a programme whose channel no longer has any faith in it. There could still quite easily be a Christmas special.

Let's hope so!

I loved this comedy show. The theme music was so BRILLIIANT!!!!
I MISS IT SO SO MUCH, BBC SHOULD REPEAT THIS, I'M BUYING DVD RIGHT NOW!!!

I'M LISTENING TO THE THEME MUSIC, ITS BRILLIANT

Quote: 3SOCKSMORGAN @ August 26 2012, 1:34 PM BST

I loved this comedy show. The theme music was so BRILLIIANT!!!!
I MISS IT SO SO MUCH, BBC SHOULD REPEAT THIS, I'M BUYING DVD RIGHT NOW!!!

I'M LISTENING TO THE THEME MUSIC, ITS BRILLIANT

Being an OFAH fan and loving the Boycie character I must say I found this show very disappointing. A lost opportunity in my opinion. Most of the jokes were too lame (most of them weren't even written by JS) and they didn't explore Boycie or Marlene's characters any further; this was a lazy affair. Some of the supporting characters (the farm hicks) were ok at best or annoying at worst. And I hated Tyler...I don't know why.
But I liked the theme tune...

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2009, 4:20 PM BST

Shelved? Axed? Same thing, isn't it? But "shelved" is merely the more PR friendly way of putting it.

Maybe it was axed with a shelf?

Well I think now would be a good time to bring it back, it's had a break, fans of the show will flock back to it, people who missed most of it like me will have a closer look at it; it's guaranteed 3 0r 4 million viewers a week; they have the sets and actors and writers still there; it's cheap to make and most importantly of all, there is almost nothing on in its place, certainly in the peaktime studio sitcom slot, which I'm afraid to say is shameful for the BBC and minorly scandalous. If they scheduled things properly, there'd be a sitcom of some type on every week of the year. Can't be that hard to sort out.